Is this good growth?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DailyDealer, Jun 1, 2011.

1. #1 DailyDealer, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2011
    Okay so yesterday my plant is out of the soil and it looked like :

[​IMG]

and now today i came home and it looks like this:

[​IMG]

2. You're going to be amazed at how much and how fast it'll grow

3. Lol okay i just wanna make sure its looking good. cause i am having it get natural sunlight

4. Looks good so far. Are you keeping it outside or inside?

5. I got it inside, But on my window seal with curtains and that spot gets a shit ton of light every day.

6. #6 greenbudguy, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Might want to consider supplementing more light to it. Maybe a couple CFLs around sunset for a few extra hours of light

7. Yea but i only got normal flos like these.

[​IMG]

is that good enough?

8. you want to check the info on the bulbs. i got a six pack of GE 26watt 100w equivalent CFLS and i am lead to belive they are 6500k, just not labeled on the package. was about $15 dollars i believe for the six pack, but so far they are working great.

9. Okay let me check one sec

10. what are you using for a grow medium?

11. grow medium?

12. what are you using to grow your plant in? A lot of people go witha "soilless mix" of maybe perlite/peat moss/vermiculite for example... i am using top soil with peat moss and vermiculite right now as they just sprouted. but plan to use a 1/3 perlite 1/3 vermiculite and 1/3 peat moss grow medium when i transplant them. you may want to cut the top off a plastic water bottle and put it over the little plant you have to try and keep moisture in, but some people take it off as soon as it sprouts

13. I'm using simple shitty super soil. And i can only find a 13 watt CFL so im kinda fucked...

14. walmart has them in 23 watts. lowes has them in 40 watt i think.

15. oops. osh not lowes.

16. if your local wal mart doesn't carry the cfls your looking for then try a lowes or home depot. you may be able to find the GEs or you can look in the construction set up area and find other bulbs but you'll need to get the socket for the right ones. the ones im talking about can be screwed into any household socket... keep looking around you will find the right lights. as to were you have it by the window its not an immediate necessity but will help.

17. well.. i am out of money lol... so cant really do crap... would a 13 work for a little bit? till i get money

18. just for sunset you know and like some times if i will be leaving it can set them in with it for a bit

19. yea im pretty sure those GE 13 watt bulbs are about a 60 watt equivilant so a few of those around the plant for a few hours during sunset and even sunrise if you get a timer would be better than none. but where its by the window its not something you would need to grab ASAP. probably will have better luck just to keep checking your local stores for the 100 watt equivilant bulbs

20. Okay thanks ill keep this thread up too date cause i want to make sure my plant its always healthy. first one