Is this good advice?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Abukuchick, Jun 1, 2003.

1. As some of you know I have been using my landlord as a growing helper. He has grown many a plant in his day and has been showing me the ropes. Now my plant is about a month into flowering and is looking good, but he told me now to leave the lights on 24/7 again. I asked him if that would make it revert to veg. but he said no, it would just make the buds double or poof out into nicer bigger buds.

I am skeptical of doing this because I've heard people go from veg. to flowering and back with changing the lights. Is it different for a plant who is about 1/2 way (maybe more) through flowering than for a newly flowering plant? I don't want to mess up my baby so I wanted to check with everyone here before I did anything. Thanks!

-Martha

2. never heard of it.

3. HIGH All, yup bad advice....been growing a long time and never heard of that one. Putting it back onto 24/7 will put it back into grow mode, first thing you'd see is your Buds start to produce single leaves which of coarse is it going back into veg (just like you said).

Ah beat me too it critters *LOL*

4. sounds like your landlords full of shit, if anything, turn the lights the 6h on, 18h off, to produce more resin. i heard that somewhere for white widow plants, i think it was seedsdirect.;)

5. NO,just leave them at 12 hours .unless ya wanna fuck with the plant .:D

6. HIGH All, some growers in the last month they start to slowly give the plants more darkness and the last week of Bud some leave them in total darkness. Me I have no problems with the girls being on 12/12 for the 8 wks and have no desire in trying these methods.

If your new to growing just stick to the basics of growing and when you get some crops under your belt...well then do some experimenting if you think that's the way to go.

7. Not only will the plant go back to vegging, but it's chronological age will be set back to 0 if you change back to 24. Don't do it.

8. does that mean that a plant can be reverted after harvest to produce more buds after going through another veg cycle? If so which I think it is possible with experience but I would stake my life on it. How hard is it?

9. ya don,t really get the same production.Much better to take clones .