Is this girl even worth my time?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by prti228, Dec 13, 2010.

1. I am an 18 year old guy and I live in north carolina. I have a cousin who ive always been close with who lives in ohio. We were talking on facebook randomly and got on the subject about how I have shitty luck with finding a girl whos really cool and one who i really like. She then said "ooh! one of my good friends is just like that! you should talk to her. shes cute, loves weed and is really nice. and she has trouble finding a decent guy around here haha." I said ummm...sure why not?

Well she put me on the phone with her friend one night. she was very nice and outgoing and cool. She requested me on facebook and she was gorgeous. And even though she lived in ohio and i had never talked to her I felt like i had met this girl who i would love to date. we have been texting a lot and talking on the phone and stuff. at first i was expecting my cousins friend to be some dumb bitch but i ended up loving the convos we had.

then it hit me...im falling for a girl who lives forever away and i would barely get to see. is what im doing stupid? am i setting myself up to get hurt? the one goregous pothead girl whos cool as shit that i find and she lives in another damn state.

So my question to gc is, am i just setting myself up to get hurt? is what im doing dumb? ive dated girls here..but i never really clicked with any of em. i had never even met this girl in person but for some reason we can talk about anything with no problem. Will anything good come out of this or will i end up getting hurt over a damn girl who ive never even met?

2. First you need to know if she's actually interested or she's just humouring you for your cousins sake.

3. she is

4. In my opinion, no. I'm sure there are plenty of girls like her in your area, you just have to find them. Why have a long distance relationship without even meeting the girl in person?

Try to go visit your cousin and check her out while you're there to see if it's really worth it.

5. if your debating whether a girl is worth your time she isnt.

6. go there some time.
    fuck her once in a while and don't expect anything. Don´t forget about the other girls too.

7. That's pretty far away homeslice.

8. Well it's cool that you've found a girl you're interested in. But unless you're looking to move sometime in the near future, stop what you're doing. Long distance relationships just don't work. Someone always ends up cheating or something of that nature.

That being said, don't pass up on an opportunity if you don't think it'll come around again. I think you just need to talk to her and figure out what she wants from you. Maybe you two can figure something out if you truly like her?

9. ^ Do this. Dont get attached. You are setting yourself up to get hurt.

10. #10 jd4083, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2010
    Every relationship is temporary. Period, the end.

If you remember the above, you will never be disappointed. If you use the above as an excuse not to put your all into said relationship, you will lose more than you ever could have gained.

That said, I have tried the long-distance thing. Didn't work, but then, I'm an Irishman with a propensity towards being jealous for no good reason. :p

I'm of the opinion that the old adage "it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all," while a bit melodramatic, is pretty spot-on. As much as I have been hurt by relationships that were going to fail from the very start, I would not be the person I am today without all of the experiences I have had in life, both good and bad. Perhaps especially the bad.

Just my $.02, take it for what it's worth. :wave:

11. yeah...i guess i just gotta think it out. maybe see if i could visit her just to make sure i actually like her. i thought that maybe she was just talking to me b.c. she likes a guys attention. ya know, she thought i was cute and all and but i thought if i didnt talk to her she wouldnt really care all that much. but she text me and calls me saying how much she misses me if she doesnt hear from me in a few days. so im guessing she genuinely enjoys talking to me and likes me.

12. just be careful! you could be so blinded by the positive, that you could completely miss out on the big negatives about her. if she is like you say.... then isn't that what most single guys on here would be lookin' for?????

13. she says she cant find a guy that actually likes her and doesnt only want her for sex. i guess its like me b.c. i cant find a girl who i actually like and not some dumb girl who just wants to use me for shit. idk i guess ill just kinda back off.

14. just make sure there are no other reasons she has no bf. one way is to test her by seeing how dirty she is. if she is down for 3 dicks and a chihuahua at once... she's a hoe and don't bother.

15. haha yeah ill keep an eye out for all of that shit.

16. oh and don't forget they are sneaky! i'm not sayin' you don't have a good catch on your hands but look for the little things. little lies cover up big shit. make sure she tokes for the right reasons too my friend. girls up here use it for a reason to cover up there actions. then make sure she ain't after yo dank

17. You're too young to be getting involved in a long distance relationship with a girl whom you haven't met.

It's simply not worth your time, bro.
    Oh, and I bet there's 10 chicks in your area that you could fall in love with, you've gotta go find them.

18. lol nah there really arent. trust me. its fine though. im getting the hell out of here soon.

19. run for the hills kid! run to where the pussy flows like the waters of niagra and the danks are the lows!