Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this getting high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jealous, Sep 23, 2011.

1. #1 jealous, Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2011
    This is going to be really long so if you are pretty high right now, go to the tl;dr at the bottom.

I've smoked about 10 ten times now but I want to talk about either the third or fourth time (can't remember) I got high.

I was at a friends house who had a vape. After a while of chilling, we vaped between 4 people. They were playing music, and after a while, turned on a black light. Every time it was my turn, I would fill my lungs to the point where they were bursting and hold it for around 10 seconds. I couldn't help to cough afterwards, which I hadn't experienced before with vapes. I did this around 7-8 times, and I have a VERY low tolerance. I wanted to get to a [10].

At first I started getting the usually signs, music sounds better, more comfortable, everything looks sorta "wavy", and food tastes better. Then it started going wayyyyy past that point. Eventually, I was unable to understand what the other people were talking about, and I zoned out hard.

Every time I would change looking directions, I got a deja vu sorta feeling. Like it was a memory from my childhood or something. Then things started to look really weird. Everything started to look like it was in king of the hill, or the simpsons or something, definitely with that color scheme. We were in a small room, and for some reason, the perspective that I was looking out from a corner seemed to be exaggerated.

From the beginning, I felt like I could feel the THC molecules entering my bloodstream in my lungs, and then making there way up to a portion of my brain. They seemed to come in waves that sorta tickled. Every time they reached the receptor area, I could feel myself becoming higher. Eventually this feeling became extremely powerful and I felt like with every coming wave, I was turning insane. When other people blew out their vaped weed, I could feel it on my skin, and it matched the tingling feeling I was getting elsewhere. It seemed harmful, like it was leading me to total insanity.

From there, I came down, and got to an enjoyable level that I am used to.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Is this what being really high feels like or am I just schizo? PS, smoked a bunch of other times and it was normal.

tl;dr: got really damn high, deja vu, cartoony looks, and body waves.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I felt like my face looked like a really retarded mix of my parents faces.

2. Yea dude its really common, its called whitey. If you smoke too much you get whitey (because your face turns white) and it can feel like you're dead. After a while you will stop talking and other stuff. Just search whitey on urban dictionary to find out more

3. Sounds like you just got really high. You don't necessarily have to smoke as much as your friends -- different people have different tolerances and if you've got a low tolerance, it can be easy to overdo. Just take it slow and enjoy :smoke:

4. This is what happens to me when I don't smoke for a while and my tolerance goes way down

5. I've never heard about this happening until I just looked it up. Fuck, that just seem's like it would be a terrifying experience. I hope that never happens to me.

6. Lol i don't suggest you try anything harder.

*nightmares of eating 16" of raw cactus flesh*

7. I didn't write this, but I did find it on the web....

Summary:
    Your blood pressure drops and you lose blood flow to your head and brain. If this reoccurs and you don't follow the solution below, this is one time smoking really will cause some brain damage (just as much as any other time you black out though).

How it works:
    Smoking lowers your blood pressure (we all know this), but the more accustomed you are to smoking, the less of an affect it will have on your body. For instance, you've never smoked. You smoke too much too fast and your blood pressure plummets. This is what causes the very pale whiteness in your face when your "pulling a whitey". As well, you may begin to black out and even lose complete consciousness for a brief amount of time (10-30 seconds). Afterward, you're blood pressure should stabilize and you'll be left feeling okay but weak. If you smoke a lot, this shouldn't happen unless you have a constantly low blood pressure problem, and in that case, do what your doctor told you to do to increase your blood pressure.

Solution:
    Smoke slower and in smaller amounts at a time until you have the tolerance to handle the pressure drop. If you get dizzy or begin to lose you're vision, simply lie down and you'll INSTANTLY regain you're vision and feel fine. Just wait it out before you begin to stand up and move around again. After 5-10 minutes, you should be fine.

Why did this happen to me?:
    Low blood pressure can be caused by many things. That day you could have just had low blood pressure from a multitude of things. Primarily, dehydration is the number one cause. If you haven't had water all day, you will be very susceptible to pulling a whitey. (Remember: 1 bowl = 1 glass of water. Plus you still need to drink your normal daily amount of water in addition to the 1 to 1 rule).

That's just about it. Hope this was helpful.

8. As scary as it sounded, it actually was really fun. It was just really strong lol. I kinda want to get to that point again, and I totally want to try some other psychedelics.

9. and to pentigram, the dehydration thing makes sense. As soon as I drank a pop, it seemed to get better, but I think at that point I was already coming down. I wouldn't call the dehydration thing cotton mouth though, because Ive had that, and its way different lol.

10. San Pedro and Peruvian Torch cacti are both legal and are often stocked in botanical Nurseries and even Lowes, Home Depot, wal-Mart, etc...

As far as the alkaloid content of both plants are concerned... you'll have to research that for yourself.

11. Well I do think that's because you were coming off it. Soda is also a dehydrational substance. I appreciate your kind words towards me, but once again I didn't write that article.

12. I know how you feel. It makes your body/mind feel weird. You feel like you're in different places and such, or feel more/less comfortable. The viewpoint thing, yeah I definitely know what you mean, everything seems kinda more colorful and cartoony even though it's not really cartoony and everything you see is still normal.. but you just feel like you see life in a different perspective and viewpoint, it's weird.