is this fogger good or not ?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by cron-man5, Apr 14, 2009.

1. [​IMG] its worth 40$ but is on sale and on ebay for 20$

2. It is the same thing as any ultrasonic fogger. The difference between ultrasonic foggers is..... The little disk that makes the fog by vibratiing at ultrasonic speeds moved faster on the more espensive ones made for hydroponics. This makes the water droplets smaller and more easily absorbable by the roots. I dont think it would be a bad addition.

3. how much would i be looking at for a hydroponic fogger ? got any sites for them?

4. There you go Mist Fogger - Increase Yield

5. LOL... Sick of people making outrageous claims. where is your proof? there are no "special" ultrasonic foggers made for aeroponics. The only difference for the ones marketed for aeroponics are the transducers (disks) are coated in teflon to help prevent nutrient salt build up but the way it works is EXACTLY the same. There are several different companies that sell ultrasonic foggers, and chances are that they ALL come from 1 or 2 manufacturers. This is how business works. They buy from manufacurer, put in packaging with there name on it, and say theirs is much better than the competitions.

and as far as "better" ones vibrating faster, this is also incorrect. They all vibrate at around 1.7MHz, you can't stray too far from this frequency (if at all), or else they won't work.

I have been wondering if anyone has done a COMPLETE grow using ONLY foggers? if any one has, or has come across a thread on someone who has, PLEASE, post the link or pm me. I am going to try it soon.

6. Balla hit the head with that swing.

I keep seeing folks sreaming I have a "fogoponics system, come check it out" and when I look thya have aero sprayers, and DWC all in the same box calling it fog.. NOT !!!!

if your growing fog ..your rezzy is off to the side making fog ..and you have pipes that fan the fog thru your set up..this " am fogging 1 inch of roots"is bullshit BTW.

if you ahve done DWC, or aero..you will notice a ladder look to each root..with fog, those individual rungs get very very hairy looking ..

and to the OP yes that willl work ..and yes it is an ultra...but you will not be making a very big system I think with it ..maybe a kick ass cloner huh ?

peace and good luck

7. Depends what your using it for...

I have that fogger ( on a fogger float ) in a 5 gal bucket, my fan blows the fog out of it and it cools my walk in closet a few degrees and adds 10% RH.

for that purpose, the fogger is great.

8. Depending on the natural humidity, that extra 10% humidity during flowering mightn't be great.

9. I've never found a problem with lack of humidity in a grow room full of respirating plants. But I guess it's possible.