Is This Everything I Need?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Rasta Mon, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Go with the 400w MH. You are going to get much MUCH better results with that than you will with the UFO light.

If you are going hydro you are going to want a PH meter for sure, or at the very least PH test strips, but the meter would make life easier. You can also get an EC meter, but that's really optional. It would be an excellent buy if you got one tho.

2. ya i've got ph strips for my hot tub
    would those work?
    cus im not gonna spend 100 bucks on a digital ph tester

3. #4 The Grim Reefer, Jan 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2009
    a place to grow them lol, walled in mylar or diamond reflective sheeting. You may want to buy a pH metre, and a ec meter. Caliberation solutions. trimming scissors, a microscope(x 30) to view when buds are ready, something to hand the lights with. Other than those and most of those are optional (though id recommend a pH meter especially) except for the light hangers.

As for the UFO LED lights, from what ive read id stay away from them at the moment, most growers, seem dissapointed. Im not an LED hater, just following people comments accross the net the UFO's arent what high times cracked em up to be, so the HID would be my choice. All upto you though m8

EDIT: I used pH testing strips for a while, theyre useless utterly utterly useless ud nearlly be better ouch tasting it with your tongue and having a guess.

4. im growing in my closet
    so i think that i can only have 2 waterfarms if i want to get decent sized plants
    and then how high should i hang up the light above the plants
    am i going to have to constantly be changing the height as the plant grows?
    i am going to be starting out with a clone

do any of you have experience with the waterfarms?
    are they any good

5. Here's a selection of PH meters You'll see prices in here from 50$ on up. You can find even cheaper prices on Ebay.

Here's a light mover for about 25$. Alternatively you could go buy some chains and hooks from the hardware store and use that to move your lights around. With an MH light you aren't going to be adjusting it nearly as much as you would if it was floro, but yes you will have to move your lights from time to time to keep the plant from burning.

6. also as its a 400w light, youll keep it at about a foot - a foot and a half about the plants, to test if its too hot put the back of your hand to the lamp where the plants are, if after a minute it starts to burn its too close. Put a fan blowing over the tops aswell, this helps keep temps down.