Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this even possible?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 420ci, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Hey folks! I've been blazing for just about 2 years now and have alot read about tolerance, t-beaks, etc. So for the past month or so my dealer only has one type of weed called champagne. Its really nice bud...smells fantastic and has alot of crystals. Better than the stuff that usually comes through. So this bud is all I have smoked in a while/ still smoking on now and was wondering if its possible to build up a tolerance on a certain strain? This bud used to get me really baked, but now its just more of a haze. I didn't change the amount I've been smoking during this time period with this bud either.

Has any had any similar thoughts? I need to find some different bud to try this out :smoking:

2. THC is THC.

You can't build up a tolerance to just one certain strain, since the THC is still the same.

If you're building a tolerance you're just building a tolerance to pot lol.

3. Actually, if i buy an 1/8 of one dank strain, then i get used to that type of high, so after i smoke that 1/8, and get another of a differant dank strain, i get a better (or differant) high, because im used to the feeling of the strain before.

Just my 2 cents, could be all in my head.

4. True. THC is THC. However, there are other cannabinoids in weed too and every strain has a different composition. So if you smoke 1 strain, your tolerance is biased towards that composition. Mixing up strains helps to slow down your tolerance build up a little.

5. I have definatly had this before. It's why i got bored of smoking the same strain for a long period of time. I just don't get high off it.

6. Well actually each strain has a different make up and percentages of psychoactive chemicals Marijuana, including THC as one of em.

This has for sure happened tto me. than right when i switch up the strain, i get a new kinda high(not durastically different)

:smoking:

7. lol sorry broski..... didnt see ya there

8. Yes its possible. Its because your body is used to this certain bud. Its effects have hit you so much that they dont "phase" you as much as when you hadnt had this type of weed. This happens to me alose, ive smoked about a half ounce of this same bud for about a month. I dont get as high anymore and the effects are minimal.