Is this even possible?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iLight iPiff, Apr 15, 2009.

1. I just began trying to germinate 2 seeds about 3 hours ago inside a cup with cotton balls and water and I was told that when they germinate they will sink to the bottom... one has already sunk is it possible that it might have germinated already?

2. the sinking of the seeds is a tell tale theory they are "good" and will sprout, eliminating undeveloped seeds.To keep them submerged in water will only cause them to rot if any sprout at all, the medium for sprouts needs to be moist not "WET" and placed into a dark warm place, not "HOT" for about 72 hrs you should see sprouts by then, if not repeat by re moistening the medium, like "paper towel" and wait longer.

3. The way I did mine was I got a sponge damp and placed the seeds in the little holes then put it in a zip top bag and put them inside my pc case (warm and dark).

Room temperature is fine I just happened to have a window open at the time and it was pretty cold.

If you don't have a clean sponge just use paper towels. I would check them once or twice a day after the first day, Because you don't want that taproot getting long and curly. Once it pops make a half inch deep indent in your soil which has already been moistened, gently put the seed in taproot down and loosely cover with soil. Cover with a zip top bag to keep the moisture in.

After it sprouts get it under light.