Is this even legal??

Discussion in 'General' started by 1Trismegistus1, Jun 23, 2010.

1. So about 4 weeks ago I found out that I have a bench warrant and I didn't know why. I called my "to be" probation officer and she told me that it was for missing a hearing, a hearing that I was never notified about. She told me that she would try to get it taken care of, cuz I shouldn't have to go serve a warrant for a court date I never got notified about.

I try getting ahold of her to see what the hell is going on for 3 weeks with no luck. Finally today she calls me, after I get sick of the bullshit and call her supervisor saying how she refuses to do her job. She tells me that the warrant isn't for missing a court date, because the judge never even set a court date, instead of setting a date, he automatically issued a warrant for my arrest with the attitude of "he wants to do jailtime instead of house arrest, we'll just get him when we get him". Because I had the option of house arrest at the time, but due to the path I was taking I really needed to get away because I would have just violated the HA by getting high.

My choice was 6 months house arrest or 90 days jail, and I also had 48 months probation to do after my sentence was over. My PO told me that they took off the 48 months probation, which leads me to believe their gonna make me sit in jail for 6 months instead of 3. Either that or my origional hearing was when my probation started and I had no idea and since this happened back in 2008 my probation is now over.

Can they really just issue a bench warrant for me without even giving me the chance of a court hearing? Isn't that illegal to just lock someone up without any kind of hearing?

2. yes, they can because you didn't show up. it goes both ways by the way. for example: if the officer doesn't show up for your speeding ticket, case dismissed.

What did you get in trouble for?

by the way, ill take the house arrest over jail time anyday imo. Who knows what they will do to you in the big house.

3. "She tells me that the warrant isn't for missing a court date, because the judge never even set a court date, instead of setting a date, he automatically issued a warrant for my arrest with the attitude of 'he wants to do jailtime instead of house arrest, we'll just get him when we get him'"

he didnt miss a court date, they just want him in jail

4. Never miss court dates. Communicate with your attorney. Whatever you do don't go calling your PO lazy, as a matter of fact, I'd suggest doing nothing other than kissing his/her ass until you see whether you're going behind bars.

5. #5 1Trismegistus1, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2010
    I didnt miss a court date, cuz they never gave me a court date. The judge said "i'm not gona give him a court date, i'm just going to issue a warrant for his arrest instead". Get this, instead of making a date and sending it out to me, they issued a warrant right off the bat instead, there is no fault on my part other than the original charge for this warrant.

and I got a 2nd DUI. Back when I turned down the house arrest, I still had a drug problem and my situation at home was terrible. Now my grandma is coming to the end of her time and her mind is going and needs someone to be here taking care of her and I kind of need the house arrest so I can be here to take care of her, and instead of giving me a court date so I can make that appeal they just issue a fucking warrant? It's ridiculous.

My PO just told me i'm not even on probation now, they suspended the 48 month probation period I was gonna have to do, so I can tell her to suck a dick for right now. She's trying to get things straitened out and get me a court date, but she said it depends "on what kind of mood" the lady who does that is in. I love how there is absolutely no such thing as justice in America.

6. Your Probation Officer is a lazy bitch, make sure they know this when shit blows over. PO and the judge are probably sleping with each other while they know you are suffering about this. Our court system is a piece of shit

7. He didnt miss a court date. Btw, what did you do dude?

8. does anybody even read the thread before posting a comment? hahah ^