Is this enough light

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by spacemonkey000, Apr 13, 2023.

1. started a seedling under these led light strips i found laying around. searched it up and said it was ok to use led light strips so just wondering if i'll be alright or not using these.

Attached Files:

2. #3 Lawlerskates, Apr 13, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
    That doesn't look like LED's meant for growing, your better off with window light or buy an actual led grow light. If your serious about growing a decent yielding plant, you will want to figure out a different lighting source. Horticulture Lighting Group is one of the most reputable LED grow light company's at the moment. If I were you I'd consider a 135W QB® V2 Rspec® LED Kit, this light gives you some of the best performance for the money. It has a some self assembly required, insert some wires into connectors and screw some screws. Wait til 420 for a sale though.
    Your soil also looks to be a bit dense, which can make it easier to overwater.

3. how do you think the plant looks atm only been about a week

• Like Like x 1
  4. yeh i was thinking about just resorting to grow on the window gets decent sunlight

5. If your just trying to grow for fun and want some practice and aren't expecting results like a bountiful harvest. That should be fine. Keep in mind though, serious yields and potent buds require serious lighting. All up to what you want out of it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Here's also a cheaper LED light that could probably support a single small plant. Just in case you feel limited by the window.

7. These work well
    9ACE3F07-D581-46BC-964E-E4FA9B07D85F.png

• Like Like x 2
  8. Waiting for a plant to flower on a window seal is just a bad idea imo
    1.How you going to control the odours (its very strong)?
    2.Would it be a problem having a 3ft plant full of bud in front of window for everyone to see?
    3 You need to pot the plant up in a 20-40ltr pot and what are you going to feed the plant?

10. The strip club I frequent is missing a set of lights just like that???? :watching: welcome. ;) :passing-joint:

• Like Like x 1
  11. It was migro idea in covid, there very effetive for the price and you can control the light spread( lux meter ) no wasted light, build the perfect light panel that could last 20 years, easy fix if a bulb blows

12. Yeah I saw a real nice grow on YouTube with that light so I would give a shot

Sent from my LGL322DL using Grasscity Forum mobile app