Is this enough light?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by xjking, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Look into Meizhi, dont waste your money on that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. How far away from the canopy do you keep your meizhi led source?

3. Meihzi is ok for a blurple Led. But a bad investment in old technology that doesn’t produce the best product. The price has come down so much on the quantum boards, they really are the best bang for the buck and produce top notch medicine with very little heat

4. I really am just starting in the hobby, I am not too sure what quantum boards are...

5. I think it is enough.

6. If u wanna upgrade in a year or less go with purple lights. If u want to grow with confidence and be happy at harvest time grow with quantum boards.

7. That light costs 38$ is that your budget?

If you could free up a bit more moola you'll be in business. I don't think 40 bucks is going to get you far.

You have to research like a MF or else you're gonna end up disappointed (unless you get lucky). Most of these light manufacturers claim specifications that just aren't true. And don't believe every customer review you read either.

It's marketing bro, they want your cash.

A forum like this is a great place to find honest recommendations because the posters have the experience and have seen the results.

Having said that, there are a few Chinese LED's on the market that are proven to work. They might not last long but they should get you through a few grows until you get something better.

Not every Chinese LED is "blurple."
    This is 2018 not 2008. There are multi- band, multi-spectrum LED's with IR and UV
    for 150$

And like others said, DIY kits are a good alternative. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to assemble one and you usually get more bang for your buck

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk