Is this enough bubbles?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by larryg420, Nov 2, 2008.

1. 2 10" stones,18gal tote,125gal tank air pump.
    I know I've been told to go 5gal buckets but i already built this one before i got my 2-5gal buckets this week:eek:.And i was lazy and went to Walmart instead of Petco.I'm going to Petco tomorrow.:p

Attached Files:

2. That is plenty of ar for the 18 gal.
    you only kneed the cheap air pump and stone for each 5 gal!

3. I went to PetCo they didn't have the stones i wanted,BUT they have 5 gal buckets in dark blue.
    I bought 2,going to paint them black and use this pump with 2 buckets, 1 5" stone per bucket.
    I'll post pictures in a bit.

4. Can you guys tell me if this is enough? Using a 10 gallon tote with a 30-60 gallon air pump and 4 1" airstones.

5. Your good.

6. just a thought ....Could you have too much air in your nutrient mix.???

i got 2 10L buckets with a 6inch airstone in each and a Elite802 75L pumping both.

7. I believe aeroponics can prove that you can not have to many air bubbles in a dwc. I have always wanted to hook up a commerical air compessor(ones used by house framers) to a dwc to see what would happen. Oh in the future...:D

8. ya i figured as long as the air pressure isnt damaging the roots ...you could use lots of it... thx Lowtie

9. Drill some holes in either the side or the near the handles for your airlines. A little smaller than the OD of the hose. You will crimp your hoses with the lid the way you have them.

10. why would you even need to paint the bucket? just cover it in aluminum tape.