Is this discrimination?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BigB8140, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Thanks man this realy sucks. On a lighter note my dad thinks this guy has pictures of my our boss fucking a goat or something equally bad to blackmail his way into such a cushy position.

This made me laugh when I realy needed it.

2. #22 SirenWasHere, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    You're a towel.

3. Honestly it is not about black or white it's about picking up slack for people. I realy don't care if this guy gets 40 hrs a week but those 40 better be spent next to me and the crew in the trenches. Not screwing around doing whatever. His 120 hrs a month on our schedule will still be expected by corporate to produce metrics in which we will have to make up for. I have seen more true racism than most living in the rural south namely south east Louisiana. and for people to call me a racist realy upsetting. Not because there opinion on me was negative but because they think me placing a label on someone on a online forum was racist. Come talk to me when cops straight ask you " what are you dong with this one" this happened to me during a traffic stop FOR NO REASON when I was riding with a black friend to shoot ball. That's just a minor thing too you should see the malace in the hearts of BOTH races around here they perpetuate each other. as one white kid gets beat up by blacks for no reason that Said white kid will grow up to be another good ol' boy racist cop and so the cycle continues.

The sad part is lousiana has a over all very poor populace making us all minority nationally. So basicly were all the same to the federal gov. Just dumb disposable waterboyesq Cajun stereo types needed only to take the oil out the ground. Learned that one after katrina.

4. awe your 20 yo ass can be replaced and you are made cause youve been in the workforce for a few years and arent an executive yet. do your job and worry about your own ass. when its time to make cuts in the company they will cut whoever isnt making money for the company.

Or they will fire the guy who complains all day about everyone else and brings down the morale of the rest of the workers.

put in time, work isnt supposed to be fun within time you will succeed

5. Ok I think you miss understand I wouldn't be a executive at this sinking ship with this management. As for being mad about not being an exec yet that's bull it aint about that it's about being in a heat index of 110 unloading a truck with two other guys while this guy literally stands There watching us.

You maybe right about the complaining about my job getting me fired but I'm tired of standing buy and "just worrying about my job". that's exactly why the same 20 year old asses will be supporting all you old fucks on social security while we will certainly not have any money left to ensure well be taking care of. So I bet your generation does want us to "stop complaining and do our job"

6. It kinda hard to know the whole situation with out knowing the other side of the story. Is there anyway you can get your ops manager to make a Grasscity account and let him tell his side?:confused: (fully optimistic):eek:

7. No YOU'RE a towel!

8. Hardly. It's the internet kid.

9. Ok, I read this shit, and honestly, I think this is the first time I ever heard a white guy refer to a black guy as an "uncle Tom"...I was going to piss all over the OP, but then I think he realized his mistake, and backed off the comment...I thank you for that.

As far as the discrimination question...((sigh)) From a guy that has been through a lawsuit, and won, its not worth it for you...Like you said its a shitty place, and I know jobs don't grow on trees, but try to find another one...It will make you happier in the long run...

Now, back to the "uncle tom" comment...I remember watching Dave Chappelle's show, and he had the most insane thing I ever saw...It was the "Race Draft", and I couldn't believe he did this thing...They had races pick celebrities, and was kind of funny...

Then, the White Race drafted Colon Powell, The Black delegation said okay, as long as the Whites took Condoleeza Rice...Unbelievable. Here was a Black Comedian commenting that two successful Blacks ( I hate the term African American and never use it) were more white than Black, at least as far as how the represented themselves...

Uncle Tom is a term that should not be used at all, and is quite silly. It had its purpose during Slavery, but no more...

Sorry for kind of hijacking the thread...I just don't think the OP understands what this term means, and why it is so damning...

10. Lol you know how much easier it would be if he would be "down" we could just sit down and smoke and hash this out it woulda never made it this far.

On that note i wish the whole crew even the guy in question could sit down with management smoke like 4 Bzs and fix this the right way with out the buracracy of 3 meetings and shit.

11. hahah, that so crazy, it just might work!:laughing:

12. well im 25 and right in your generation. ive worked my ass off for "the man" for a while and have seen people complain and lose their jobs over it. take advice from the elders who have been in your position before and ask them how they manage to deal with these issues. your hard work will not go unnoticed but your complaining will be noticed by everyone.

as far as the whole social security not being there take this advice. your young, save NOW and save as much as you possibly can. would you want to be old and broke and too out of shape to be in the work force? or would you like to be done working and relaxing your ass off golfing or taking vacations and not giving a fuck?

i know this first hand. ive blown $150k on having a great time seeing the world, going to vip events all over and meeting all kinds of people, doing whatever drugs i wanted without any care for money at all. well my best friend had the same kinda cash and he invested it. by the time he was 25 he owned 3 houses, one he flipped in 6 months and made 30k, one he rents and it pays the mortgage and the last one he lives in and is worth 300k in this bad market.

so without being a hardass anymore on ya what im trying to say is dont worry what everyone around you is doing. just work hard and save your money now. you have a long future ahead and make better decisions now cause when your 40 your gonna wish you did everything different, and we all know you cant change the past but you can anticipate the future.

13. God damn white people

14. #34 BigB8140, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2011
    I'm not realy trying to file suit I'm just surprised they didnt fire me I went in thinking I was a goner but then when they realized the approach I took. The I'm only trying to do my best they didn't realy have a reason to fire me as my metrics lead the position and this is a legit question I asked and for two hours I answered there stupid responses why I can't with very reasonable questions that hinge on corporate guidelines of why I should technically be alowed.
    This compromises them one way or another. After it all I wondered if they were hiding the
    discrimination because it shoulda been Easyer just to cut my ass. And instead they just seemed to
    kiss it and entertain my shit. Lol

15. First bit of good advice I get so far thanks man. I used to not give two fucks but I've been here for 3 years have worked my way up to full time and with that these same managers want me to be a team leader and most of the team wanted me to do this.

16. Care to elaborate reppin?

17. Well I got canned two days ago because they started putting the guy back on the schedule and I made a ultamatum to our ops mgr. that if he wouldnt do any thing I was calling corporate. Well the next day they told me that I was fired because of a coustomer complaint that they wont show me proof of even happening. So fuckem I got a better paying job months ago and am Gona just pull more hours there. So there have an update OP delivered.

18. dont bite the hand that feeds ya. now enjoy the money you got coming in now. and good luck using your old job as a reference now.

and whos gonna want to hire someone who cant show a reference for a job he had for 3 years?

to any future employer its gonna look like you havent been working for 3 years. if you use them as a reference anyway they will tell them you are not a team player and try to find ways to fuck the company over as well as received customer complaints

19. #39 BigB8140, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2012
    Well I'm not realy worried about references because I have 3 20+ year managers at the company who said I can list them as a reffrences. I know that I can get great recomendations from two of them as we have personal relationships out side of work. We go to blues festivals about ever 3 months and plan to continue that.

Sense I reported last I have continued to make a name for my self and got graded the highest out the warehouse. metrics have no bias and I ended up being eligible for a raise. And i have been a model employee.
    I figured out beyond reasonable doubt that the guy in question is working simultaneously at two jobs. And getting paid for both. Company policy is to report it to our management and then call corporate. Well i told them to Handel it on house because I thought I coul trust my lead hes the one who told me to talk to management and not call corporate. The very next day I had a customer complaint that supposedly happened a week ago and they would show me no proof. So they cut me loose on customer service issues. It was total bs.