Is this crop ruined?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by closetcashcrop, Sep 10, 2015.

1. It's raining outside today, my girls are about there last week into flowering so I put an umbrella over them to protect trichomes.

Went out to check on them see if they got wet, which they did; and I noticed these larva looking things around and on my bud.

I have this product that claims safe to use up to day of harvest.

Please tell me what your course of action would be to save this crop. I'd rather funky tasting bud then no bud at all. 3 plants and about 3 ounces

Attached Files:

2. if your that far along I would just ride it out and let them finish. nothings gonna really do too much damage this close to the end. I definitely wouldn't spray anything on them this far along in flower.

3. #3 NaturalMistik, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2015
    The biggest concern would be bud rot with the rain pouring on em. If you covered them in time I wouldnt worry too too much, are the buds moist now that they've been covered!? If so id try to maybe get something to help dry them off or at least take some moisture out of them. Even if you slap a fan by em to get some more air going through. Give em a shake to get excess off to and try snd keep humidity down (I realize its outside) but shaking excess off plus a fan would help a bit. I missed larvae part too. Spraying so late isnt the best, for that problem ride it out. What I suggested mag get some of those bastards off too

4. I can bring them inside for the night where I run a dehumidifier, and dry them out. And I'm just assuming they are larva, they don't move though. I'm just afraid they're living in the bud.

5. im an ass obv thats a better idea...I didnt even look for a pot just at buds (thought they were in ground, todays not a good for my brain lol)

6. Just dont sit them under a light if you bring em in, make it part of dark time if possible, light and mositure will make It more prone to actually form

7. Just found two of these, one dead and this guy crawling on by buds. You know what they are? What they do? Or what I should do? Sorry that's the best my phone can do. Greatly resembles a caterpillar.

Attached Files:

8. Caterpillars, get as many of them off asap them bastards can ruin a crop fast, don't spray anything tho, spend some time with the plants and pick off as many as possible, look for there eggs under the leaves and get rid off them as well,

9. Not even using something that claims "Can be used up to day of harvest" if I wait another week or so to harvest, and flush well
    I posted a pic above of the spray I have

10. #10 NaturalMistik, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2015
    how many weeks in are you? Get some spinosad and blast those fucks. Cunt-a-pillars will fuck a plant good. Id stop spray 2 weeks before harvest, but you deff need them gone. If you can go in by hAnd and remove full adults and eggs as best as possible but still grab spinosad. Being in flowering and having a problem that would help w spray sucks as a choice to make, spinosad will deff kill them, but you might get lucky and be able to get em by hand. Doesnt hurt to have spray on hand though and not use it

11. Personally I wouldn't spray any liquid on the buds, even after 2 weeks you will be smoking anything you spray on them, I'm not clued up on spinosad so I can't advise you that but Defo go in by hand and take pleasure stepping on them fuckers,
    Serously tho get rid of them, this rose bush used to have leaves before, while there munching the roses they are leaving my cannabis alone so it's give and take here ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441988049.768411.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441988066.437066.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441988086.240174.jpg

12. its derived from a soil microbe, so as for effectiveness on capertillers and safety prob best spray you could do this late in the game. But the less spray you can use is always better so go through w a fine tooth comb, and yes...enjoy smooshing those POS.

13. One plant is about a week from harvest and another is about two. And my third that looks like it hasn't been affected at all is probably about a week away too. You don't think the stuff I've got is any good either? And if the eggs are black and smaller then a poppy seed then I've got loaddssss of them it would take days just to remove half of them

14. #14 NaturalMistik, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2015
    the general conseus is even if it says spray up until harvest...w cannabis its frowned upon, unlike other fruits/veg. this is being smoked not ingested (well sometimes [​IMG] ) but move the un affected one as far from others as you can so they dont decide to have 3 meals. Ive read of peiple usig spinosad up to 2 days before harvest and claim no taste or harshness effects on finished product. The only plus I can think of spinosad being used so close is its a natural microbe from soil, which you are in. Do some research and see what you feel is best for you and what you are comfortable doing w your buds, I personally would use it even now if its that bad because in a few days or so those eggs will just be caterpillars. If its as thick as you say they by themseves will kill plant, Id take chance (if need be) to soray au natural rather than watch those punks eat a garden...

Also I PMed ya off topic, Closet

15. What's the stuff called? Is specifically for cannabis? Although cannabis can work well with different kind of feeds and insecticides a lot of other plants and food produce that could use the same feeds doesn't involve smoking the the final product, veggies and shit can be washed,
    The eggs can vary in appearance, here's a few I pulled from google, look on google and see if you can find the same eggs, but for your next grow you know them fuckers could come back so take some prevention measures, neem oil is a good one it makes the plants smell like curry, but it can't be used in flower, ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441989609.175096.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441989622.793168.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441989638.179327.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441989664.716069.jpg

16. Ah same anwser snap mother fucker yeah

17. It's called "bon neem" here's a pic. Short on cash so I would prefer to use this if I could. But if spinosad is a much better choice I'll run and get that.

Attached Files:

18. PMed you back! Yeah I'll run and pick up some spinosad. What do you think about using an air compressor to spray some eggs off?

19. honestly I have no clue w the air. Part of me says it would help by cutting time but part says youd just be blasting eggs all over to god knows where, or sending them deeper into bud mass. Honestly really not sure what the right answer for that is. Majority of labels will list spinosad at 0.5% and other ingredients 99.5% usual has pic of caterpillar on it or says treats foliage feeding worms.

20. That is for a preventative, not to kill insects, the eggs shouldn't be in the buds... They will be under the leaves