Is This Color Ok For Leaves?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Rhinodank, May 23, 2013.

1. As the title says haha, I feel like my leaves are too light of a green color... Aren't they supposed to be a Lil darker than this? Thanks for the advice!

Attached Files:

2. #3 Rhinodank, May 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2013
    What type of medium; soil
    What brand and type of soil? FFOF
    Indoors or outdoors? OUTDOORS
    What strain? AK47 X NORNTHERN LIGHTS
    How old are the plants? 49 days since sprout
    What type of lights and how many watts? Sun
    How far from the lights? Sun
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Boiled tap
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? Boiled tap with 1/2 tsp of pro silicate+1/2 tsp of Grow Big, 1 gallon, 3 days ago
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? In soil (Ffof)
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? Ranges from 65-105, 33% humidity
    What size pots? 5 gal
    Any bugs? Used to have spidermites. Used neem oil

3. What's the npk? It should be on the front of yore nutes. ie 7-7-7

4. On the ffof soil, it doesn't state the nutes. I even looked it up online and couldn't find anything. But on the grow big it's 6-4-4, and on the pro silicate it's 0-0-3

5. Didn't get a ph number from ya. So it may be that your ph is locking out the nutes. Need a going in reading and at bare minimum the run off reading.

6. Prolly Need more grow big in there. Maybe a lil more of the other stuff. The ffof is fine. Soil shouldn't have any nutes fresh out the bag.

Mine is 7-4-10 for grow. And I used like 1/2 tsp per gallon, but it's extremely hot. (Floranova )

Yours looks to me to be nitrogen deficient (underfed). Type "cannabis nitrogen deficient" into google. You'll see some pictures that mimic your issue.

Or you could wait it out and see if your old growth begins to mimic your new growth. Which will further confirm, but you want to get that under control, soon.

7. #8 Rhinodank, May 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2013
    Well I have only given it grow big about 3 times. I started at 1/4 tsp, than the next 2 watering I added 1/8 tsp every time. I have been giving her grow big every time I water as well. So should I just give her a whole tsp next time I water?? I recently topped her about 2 weeks ago do maybe the slight tinting of lighter green is because of new growth??? It also has been exploding in growth since I used grow big.

8. i would just up the strength of the grow big a littte bit..cuz it doesnt even look like its much of a problem, they look pretty healthy

9. Look to the left of pic three. Some of the older growth is coming down with same problem as new growth.

Again, that ph run off may tell us that you're locking nutes out.

10. I don't have a tester. So assuming I have a lockout, what do I do?

11. Assuming it is a lockout, what would I have to do?

12. Flush with water of about 6.5 ph until water run off is at 6.5. See if you can find some ph testing strips locally, they are normally pretty cheap. Ph is VERY important.

13. Ok, so im looking for a runoff of 6.5 right?? I'm about to buy testing strips in a few minutes and I'll let you know what i get on my runoff... Idk if I should just buy distilled water from now on if my ph is off... What do I do if it's off??

14. You'll flush with 6.5 water until run off is 6.5. Chances are its off if you haven't been checking it. If its not off, gotta up the nutes.

15. It's off, probably 7 or above because plants are slipping into Fe deficit.

16. #17 Rhinodank, May 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2013
    The guy at the hydroponic store said it was just new growth and not to worry about it... He said it's just because it's getting used to the ferts. I showed him the pics too

17. Really? Hmmmm. For future reference, why you say iron? Or are my letters wrong?

Rhinodank, did you see any of his plants? mmman knows his stuff, that's why I ask to get some insight to your def. (this way I can recognize and correct or pass the knowledge) did you get the strips?

18. Looks fine.

When I first came to this thread minutes ago I could tell simply by looking at the pix, then I started reading the posts; by this dude's own admission he's got nothing to measure ph. Coupled by the fact that he's taking advice from the hydro store clerk whose main interest is taking his money, leads me to believe maybe he's a noob, don't know, but I'm here to help if you can use my assistance. Now, go back and look at the original pixs... it's not simply new growth, it's Fe expressing itself because of ph imbalance... iron is best absorbed at ph levels of 6.5 down to 4.0. I'll bet you a nickle to a doughnut his ph is at least 7 or above, and iron begins expressing itself at the node of the newest of growth, working outward to the tips of the leaves at the top of the plants and downward to new growth also. Now go back and stare at those pix, study them and see what I'm conveying?   :gc_rocks: