Is this cheating?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by leanpocket, Apr 7, 2011.

1. First of all, I am a guy and I was dating a girl for about 6 months now, very smooth no problems and barely any heated arguments. Over spring break my GF went to a different state to visit her sister, and I went to Panama City Beach to party with my friends. While in PC I did not cheat or hook up with any other girls. So my girlfriend and I are separated for about a week of not being able to see each other. When she gets back to town she tells me she went on a date out to eat for dinner with another guy, but they did not hook up at all or even "hold hands". To me this is cheating and I ended it with her. Was me ending it over something like the right thing to do? Was what she did really considered cheating? What would you guys have done? I have thought a lot about this and can't really come up with a final answer for myself and would like to hear other peoples thoughts.

2. I would'nt accept that at all from her.
    I mean, no hooking up? Good she left some respect for you, but that's just crossing the line for me. What is she with another guy for? Everyone knows how dinner is, it's serene and romantic. Nah fuck that bro, she was wrong and you showed her.

In my opinion, good job.

3. Yeah thank you for your input man it helped reinforce me man.

at least that was the first virginity I took looking on a brighter side I got something out of the relationship.

4. I'm confused? Because she was in a relationship with you she's banished from having dinner with the opposite sex? If there was no romantic intention what is the problem? Did SHE call it a date, or are YOU calling it a date?

I'd be glad if a guy dumped me for going out to dinner with someone of the opposite sex, especially if there was no romance in the dinner involved at all -- he's done me a favor by showing is immaturity and sense of 'ownership' over me.

I would never get mad at a boyfriend if he had dinner with one of his woman friends as long as it wasn't actually a date :confused_2: But I get the idea here you're calling it a date and it probably wasn't.

5. She said word for word that she went on a "date"

6. Eh, then fuck her.

7. If she had the stones to admit it to you then its because I assume she cares about you. Idk, you probably fucked up. Aint no goin back. She seems kinda sketchy though for doing that.

8. Yup, fuck that.

9. LOL that changed your opinion on the situation :D

10. I think the handling of this situation situation will be a case of "different strokes for different folks". I don't think there is an innate right or wrong about it; however, the right and wrong of relationships are left up to the people in them (or at least it should be and not up to their friends/family/random strangers on gc). A couple questions: since you two decided to spend a significant amount of time apart I would guess you guys have some at least that level of freedom between you too. Why do you think she went out on the date? Did she ever say she regretted her decision? Had you guys made 'the rules' clear before going on your separate vacations or hopefully before that? I don't think there is anything wrong with you being upset that she went out with a guy; however, if that's the type of relationship you guys have then I don't see anything wrong with that either...it's all about frame of reference and perspective. She must have told you about it for a reason: guild, to make you jealous, to be mean, innocent...which do you think it was? I know this isn't going to be popular, but try removing pride/ego from the situation and look at the situation from a step back. Does being with her make you happier than not? If you asked her to not do that in the future, do you believe she wouldn't? Could you trust her again? All these questions only you two can answer because only you two are in this relationship together and will have to live with your choices. Try not to get so caught up in the global 'right' or 'wrong' of it but rather focus on whether it was 'right' or 'wrong' for your specific relationship...just my opinion anyways, sorry if i offend you or anyone else as this is definitely not my intent.

11. yeah at least she showed you respect but you had no choice but to end it.

12. Well if she called it a date, a date is a date. Going out to dinner with someone is different.

13. #13 leanpocket, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2011
    I just had a mature conversation with her. She says that she did not want to do anything with the guy and told she said that she only went out to get away from her sister. Heh she could have done a lot more other things to get away from your sister. I KNOW I made the right move and I made sure she stays TFO

Thank you everyone for your replies.

14. have sex with her once more
    tell her you have forgiven her

then be like... sike, bitch!

15. It would piss me off, but do you believe her that she didn't do anything other than eat with him? Cus if she didn't then it's a ehh situation... I probably wouldn't mind if I was sure nothin happened

16. ok, text sent. lol

17. #17 Flonkas, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    This should be the master plan.

18. she most likely lied about not hooking up with him.
    why would she go on a date with him if not intending to hook up with him. she knew she was coming back in a week, she had a one night stand, or a week long fling. either way she probably hooked up with him.
    she also most likely told you (although lying about hooking up) because she felt guilty and or didn't actually want to date you, but didn't want to end it herself.
    sucks that, that happened, but you did the right thing by ending it.

19. About time someone grows a pair

Let's see how this turns out.

20. what is this world coming to? how is that cheating in any way, shape or form? do you completely cut off every girl you've ever spoken to when you get a girlfriend? she had enough respect to tell you about it bro, i highly doubt she hooked up with the guy. what could she have done that your insecure brain wouldn't rationalize as cheating? movie? mall? walk in the park? blunt cruise? party? beach? coffee? you could overreact and call ANY situation with two opposite genders a hookup.

sounds like you fucked up but like my brother mairuzu said there ain't no goin back. just realize in the future you're going to need to let your significant other have her friends, regardless of gender. if you can't have trust in your relationship in the VERY LEAST then you can't have much else. no sense suffocating your relationship.