Is this carbon filter set up correctly?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Calvin Kirk, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Hi, I'd like to know if there is a way to improve this set up to control the smell. Inside the tent the light is inside one of those reflectors that is like a box/container with two holes on each side for ducting (to extrract the heat, I'm sure you know what they're called). The left side has no ducting attached, the right has ducting leading out off the tent into the fan (pulling) then it pushes air finally through the filter on the out side of the tent.

Is that a valid setup? I think so but someone is telling me I have it backwards.

2. Typically people pull through the filter but pushing through the filter is also valid. Sounds like your good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. it works either way...ppl usually recommend pulling through a filter because you want to utilize the prefilter material to catch dust and crap before it hits the carbon. So if you're pushing through the filter as you described, I recommend putting the prefilter (white stuff) on the inside to collect the dust...or use some polyfill. It's surprising how much dust is always in the air. If you don't prefilter it, you will reduce the life and efficiency of your filter.
    Oooo I got a cookie left! :hello: