Is this calcium deficiency?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by c0rn, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Hi all,

I have a low pressure aeroponics going with 4 girls growing. Been going up and down with some issues and I think I have sorted most of them now.

I have stable pH that goes between 5.9-6. I recently changed the water, cleaned my res and added GHE FloraSeries following their feed chart. All my other girls are looking healthy now and are not showing any signs of deficieny. I also added a small biofilter and 0.6ml GHE SubCulture, I only have 10 liters in my res. All my roots are looking really good and growing good. The girl showing signs of deficiency is a West Coast OG Auto and she was showing signs before I cleaned my res.

WCOG
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

From a couple of days ago before I changed the nutrient solution.
    [​IMG]

I do hope you people that are smarter than me (most of you) have some good ideas to help me.

I was thinking of adding 1.5ml GHE Calcium Magnesium Supplement to 1 liter of water and use it as foliar spray on the WCOG as it could be that this girl is just greedy and the GHE FloraSeries for soft water should have more than enough for the rest of the girls.

2. Different plants have different needs. I'm no expert but it does appear to be a calcium deficiency - adding a cal-mag supplement should remedy your problem.
    Good luck with your grow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks!

4. Well I did some foliar spray, let's see if it helps :)

5. How often does one foliar spray? I do understand it's best when lights have just gone off but do I foliar spray every day or every couple of days?

Any tips would be welcome :)

6. Depends what u are spraying. Foilar feeds seem to be ok under 90°
    Be careful with pesticides like bt. Those at lights out or end of day right before dark

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 c0rn, Apr 13, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    At the moment I am only going to be spraying cal/mag to sort out the deficiency. Was thinking that once per day should be good but not sure if that is to much :)

8. I used to give them a tbsp once a week. Never saw and issue

• Like Like x 1
  9. Plant Doctor - Diagnose Your Plants! | Grow Weed Easy

• Like Like x 1
  10. #10 c0rn, Apr 13, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    @Multi_Strain_Grow, that is exactly where I looked and that is why I thought it was calcium deficiency but as I was a bit unsure I thought it was best to ask :)

@Papa Puff, thanks that sounds like good advice!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Switch to nectar and u will never see that again

• Like Like x 2
  12. Is that "Nectar for the gods" you mean?

13. I just wrote this in my grow journal.

"I have two sets of the GHE FloraSeries (Gro, Micro and Bloom) and just noticed that one of them is for soft water and one is for hard (got the hard water version for free), the last couple of feeds I have been using the one for hard water (the free bottles do not state NPK on the front). We have hardly any calcium in our tap water so that should explain why I have been seeing a calcium deficiency, I am such an idiot sometimes."

14. Nice! I have the whole line on deck for nxt grow!

15. Contact nector for the gods, the will ship u a sample pack of base line nutes for cost of shipping. Cost me 38$. Each bottle is 12-19$ each. They give u 6 I believe. Good deal

16. I guess they are based in the USA, would be a bit hard to import to Europe I guess. But maybe couldn't hurt asking :)

17. Shew. The freight shipping cost on that.....

18. I wanted a grow box over there, cost more to ship it here then the box

19. @Multi_Strain_Grow yeah that is what I think would happen, would cost to much. Been reading a bit and looks like great nutrients, it's a sin that.

20. The damage is also possibly caused by nutrient droplets on the leaves under light.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1