Is this calcium defficiency on the middle leaves ?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Em8023, Apr 18, 2013.

1. I've recently moved this big plant I have the problem with from 2 gallon tub to a 5 gallon grow bag it's in bio bizz soil currently on day 27 of flower cycle . I've always checked ph and kept it in between 6 - 7 and made sure the run off is about the same . It's the middle leaves that seam to be affected only with these like bleached looking spots over quite a few leaves . I've been looking for answers online and think I've come up with calcium problem so wanted some other opinions

image-2841331659.png

I live in uk and can't get cal-mag any were the only thing I have with calcium in is the biobizz ALG.A.MIC but it doesn't seam to have much of it in from reading the back

image-2097633781.png
    I have been adding 5 mm to each litre of water so this isn't enough calcium if I'm right in thinking that is my problem

2. That is a phosphorous uptake issue, not calcium. Plants use much more 'P' in early transition than any other time of the growing season. They are now past transition and fully into flower, so you cannot fix the old leaves. I'd just make sure they have good basic nutrition and continue with the nutrients that you are using until they are done.

3. Ok thank you for your help , so for future reference do u mean that during the transition from veg to flower I didn't give enough phosphorus ? I was being very cautious with the nutrients after over feeding nitrogen right at the start a couple of weeks in on this grow so guess I was scared of over feeding them again . Next time I'm going to try get some feed that's all in one tub as I don't really know enough to be mixing them myself like I'm doing . I'm using Biobizz grow bloom top max and ALG -A -MIC and been chucking in about 5 mm of each to each litre of water about once a week for the past 4 weeks was using half that amount for couple of months while in veg so guess that's were I got the spots problem from back then .

4. Yep, not enough available at the time period in the plants life that is their 'puberty'.

They grow fast and furious for a set amount of time, and only to the degree of nutrition available to them. It's about a week after you place them in flower that they 'catch' or begin their growth period, and then their nutritional needs ramp straight up, and they grow rapidly until they reach adult height using high amounts of 'n', 'p' and 'k', and they set buds during this time, which requires more phosphorous than the other two but having lots available in early flower is good.

Then it stops linear growth and works on making buds out of all those placed nodal sites, the ones that were made using lots of 'p'. At the time of linear plant development arrest, the 'n' and 'p' needs drop to about 1/4, and the 'k' needs stay steadily high for more weeks to ripen those buds on the branches. Micros, ca and mag throughout plants life.

5. So going by my biobizz nutrients I have what strength should I be mixing up grow bloom top max and alg a mix for next few weeks to help the buds fill out best ? Most of my plants have got a lot of bud sites now an still bending an pulling down stems to keep them open to receive as much light to the sites as possible but not clued up with these nutes at all

6. I think you probably should go by whatever the back says, or a schedule by them says. I can't help you with nutes too much, I just use amended soil and water because it's easier, I don't buy those bottles. Being nute dependant is so much harder. Find the biobizz schedule online and follow that?
    Good luck.