is this cabinet big enough for 2 plants? (PIC)

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by zizou21, Oct 31, 2010.

1. #1 zizou21, Oct 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2010
    http://i53.tinypic.com/3355der.jpg
    Dimensions are 36.0 x 20.0 x 60.0

Should I limit it to one plant at a time?

also what size pots should I use?

I'm not really sure as to what inline fan to get, I was thinking about getting a 6" vortex with a speed controller to keep noise down to a minimum. Is this a good idea? Am I overdoing it?

And regarding the lighting, my plan right now is to get an 250W MH bulb, and a 250W HPS bulb. Is this too much for one plant?

Thanks for the help guys :smoke:

2. 2 should fit in there comfortably. you could possibly get more bud off a single plant using a 250watt HID, but thats up to you.

as far as pots, with a single plant id do a 3 gallon or so. 2 plants, maybe 1.5 gallon or 2.

250 watts on a single or even 2 plants is basically awesome. more watts the better. I grew a single plant under a 400 watt, the fucker was huge. 6 foot indoor bush in a bubble bucket.

Vortex fan will easily cool your 250watt, but dont underestimate the sound of a vortex even at low rpms. lower the rpm, you wont hear rotation noise, but you will hear a buzzing coming from the fan, it can get super annoying and even vibrate things. for a 250 watt you could possibly find a 4 inch fan that would be more quiet. 6in vortex is really for cooling a 400/600/1000 watters.

3. I like to keep lighting to 60-75W/square foot. But that's just me, you can never overdo lighting unless you have a heat problem.

4. 30 cubic feet in your grow more or less
    90 cfm rated fan
    180 with a carbon scrubber.

Might be able to get away with a high cfm rated pc fan. Depending on where you exaust and intake temps.

Pot god posted a high cfm rated fan for cheap. Use an old cell phone charger and your only out ten bucks. Best bet