Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this butter safe to eat?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by biggg bassset, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Got this butter about 6 months ago maybe a bit more it was pretty damn good and i put it in the freezer and forgot all about it for a while.

During that time the freezer was turned off for a couple of days and the outside of the butter turned a bit black in places.

Today I defrosted the chunk of ice containing the butter and sliced off all the edges and the inside looks as nice as the day I got it.

I'm pretty sure its still good to eat and it was kick ass butter so I'm probably going to eat it anyway but just wanted some opinions :)

Attached Files:

2. Honestly wouldn't risk it cus those few days it was turned off and thawed and then frozen again black was probaly frost bite or mold. Wouldnt do it bro.. probably get high but not worth the negative risk to the postive just smoke lol or make more.

3. Yeah it wasn't like growing mould it just had a dark discoloring on the outside. It was a fairly thick chunk and I made sure to remove all the off looking areas.

The remaining couple of grams looks totally clean and fresh since it had been preserved in a huge ice block

Would there really be any risk in cooking up he fresh part in a cookie or 2 ?

4. it should be good man. budder is the shit you should make some crazy awesome edibles with tht lol. maybe pancakes or some shit hahah

5. I would wait till granny or kitten sees this thread lol honestly Idk much about butter just giving my two cents and no heats doesn't always kills stuff before u can cook off thc..but butter turing black can't be good lol or maybe just looking for ur safety lol

6. [quote name='"BuRnTrEeS247"']I would wait till granny or kitten sees this thread lol honestly Idk much about butter just giving my two cents and no heats doesn't always kills stuff before u can cook off thc..but butter turing black can't be good lol or maybe just looking for ur safety lol[/quote]

Haha thanks man I appreciate you caring for my safety :)

Yeah the dark parts I would never eat haha

I'm gonna cook up something this arvo from the unaffected butter and I'll post back here and see where I'm at :)

7. [quote name='"kokostoner93"']it should be good man. budder is the shit you should make some crazy awesome edibles with tht lol. maybe pancakes or some shit hahah[/quote]

I'm thinking pancakes will be awsome. I'm gonna have to go with that or just bake it into 1 or 2 cookies

8. Wait till a experience memeber comes in Before u eat lol if not.fuk it I've smoked moldy weed hahah and I'm alive:)

9. Haha yeah i figure people eat all sorts of gross and crazy shit. Hell I ate a dead spider once bit a of butter at worst should be fine :)