IS THIS BUD ROT ??!?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by flgrower40, Apr 6, 2017.

1. yes it looks like it. Cut it off and treat it to a H2o2 bath, dry and put it away to make oil with later.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I assume based on your name (flgrower40) that you live in Florida. There's a reason that people don't grow weed outdoors in Florida - it's too humid.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. you have it outside? its april.....

4. I'm in south Florida

5. but...its april... spring showers + 90%+ humidity almost every afternoon is not good. if you are in south florida or the fking moon

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Then why am I getting bud rot in a small airy bud [​IMG] but not in the other main colas

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. its too damp. those may be getting enough sun to dry them out. the undergrowth is in the shade

8. #9 Lucky Luke, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    Mold spores can be carried by the wind or from a insect.

You could (not saying you do) have mold in the main colas but cannot see it. Have you inspected the inside?

Nice going doing a winter/spring crop by the way. Not many people attempt them.

9. [​IMG]
    I think it did pretty well considering this is my first grow and it's out doors in south Florida from a winter / spring grow

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  10. If you did a winter/spring one this year then you can again next year. If you do a spring /summer one this year that gives you two harvests a year.

The spring summer one will be easier and will have better bud structure as well.

I hope you made a note of the date you started!

11. Because the small, airy buds are called sucker buds. They only produce popcorn sized nugs and I cut them off and use them for tester buds. The main center cola is the best bud on the plant IMO.