Is this bud premature or not? +rep to everyone

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by marihuanasmoke, Sep 30, 2009.

1. #1 marihuanasmoke, Sep 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2009
    Okay i went out to check on my baby today and three of the branches had snapped. I have a microscope and the majority of the trichs are cloudy, but there are a few clear ones. Anyways I want to know if i should just go ahead and harvest the whole plant or just wait another week or 2. Oh and some dry weight estimates on these braches would be awesome... ive got atleast three times that on the plant.

thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. definitly let it go a bit longer. Start flushing now and give it another week and a half to 2 weeks.

3. def needs some time

4. if u want an idea of a dry weight for those lil branches weight them wet & take away 75% as bud looses about 75% of its weight when dry so if its say 100 grams now when its dry u should be looking at about 25 grams this is just a rough guide but bud does loose about 75% weight when dry

5. Well I guess its 2 late to lit it Flower a bit more but I swear I did the same my first grow... Wont smoke very well... only suggestion being is let it dry VERY GOOD! Start smoking it even if Its mildly moist and it's going to taste like doodoo... smoke a lot of it and might give you a head ache, as It did for me =/...

My suggestion is turn it all into keif best as possible (I used my grinder), Use remainder stuff for bong weed, Smoke keif in bowls... lol

Peace

6. it looks ready u got orange stigmas and cloudy trichs i whould say its harvestable.

7. looks good to me

8. could have gone a bit more but looks good to me! let us know how it is when it's dry

9. Well i just got back to check on it and it dried wayy too fast... it was in this thing attatched to a bedroom thats like an attic for 2 days with little air circulation.
    Anyways, it is VERY fluffly but the small nugs are too brittle, but its all in mason jars curing now so hopefully it will get better. It weighed out to 50 grams and i just chopped the rest of the plant and trimmed it and i think i will get around 4 ounces out of that.
    anyways, i smoked a blunt of that on the way home from wally world and it's deffinately unique. It was suprisingly not as harsh as most beasters or commercial headies i've smoked and didn't fuck me up too much... i just felt really good and giddy lol like no paranoia and really upbeat... i like it:smoking:

oh yea and the main cola was 117 grams wet

10. It will only get better the more it dries and cures. It always feels good to smoke something you grew yourself.:smoking:

11. One more week prolly for the rest of the plant if you have about 50% clear if you have 75% clear it could be two or three weeks.

Dry and cure the bud you've got and give a little taste. It looks harvestable not headache quality like someone mentioned. So good job!:hello::smoking:

12. That looks like some pretty good bud, if its dried right and cured for at least a week im sure it'll be a good smoke.

13. oh wow, nice stuff man. I would love to be your friend right about now haha!

Be patient, and let that stuff cure the right way. You'll love it even more for it ! :)

14. yea let us know how it smokes dude