Is this BS or what?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Space Cat, May 2, 2013.

1. So in my 12th grade english we need to do a research paper to pass the class. So I did mine and it was due last week. I turned it in on the day of and pretty much did everything right.

So I turn in my paper at the beggining of class. About 15 min later she comes up to me. Hands it back and said I didn't do the full 3 pages but everything else was fine. I did like half on the last page. So she tells me to add more to get the full page and gives me until monday to do it and turn it in.

So I turn it in this monday with a full 3rd page a few sentences on the 4th. I checked my grade online today and my score was an 85/200. So she marked me down for being late. I know its for that reason too because her policy is if you turn it in late you get half credit.

I don't think it's fair when I turned in the paper on the required date both times. Even though she told me that I had to re-do it. I should have just told her to grade it how it is.

Now my grade dropped from an 80 something to a 63. 4 points above passing. This is the only required class I have left for me to graduate.

I'm gonna ask her about it when I get my paper back

tl;dr had to re-do my paper and got marked half off for turning it in 'late' when they were both on the required dates

what do you think?

btw. got my first detention since 3rd grade today! :)

2. Dude, your a fucking senior, just go smoke some weed, man. Don't worry about all that life shit

3. it's high school... shit's not that serious

4. only reason I'm worried is because I can't fail this class. I need to pass cause I'm not taking summer school. I pretty much already have 2 good jobs lined up.

5. [quote name='"itsPhantastic"']only reason I'm worried is because I can't fail this class. I need to pass cause I'm not taking summer school. I pretty much already have 2 good jobs lined up.[/quote]

you just said you're 4 points above passing ?

shits almost over ain't it ?

Get your last shindigs in homie and quite worrying bout some authoritarian bitch

6. If she said it was supposed to be three pages and you only did two and a half pages the first time you turned it in, then that was your own fault, man... :poke:

7. I didn't do shit all senior year haha. I went to maybe 1 class a day and still managed to pass.

8. Are you seriously complaining that you didn't write the paper correctly the first time and expected to get a normal grade when you turned it in the second time? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the you knew how it was supposed to be done originally.

9. HAHAHHAHAHA YOU'RE SO GOD DAMN COOL! Can you please teach us how you did it? I promise to learn everything from you in one class a day.

10. No need to be an arrogant asshole. I'm just trying to let OP not to stress it.

11. He should stress it though if he wants to graduate on time.

I was just like you my senior year, hardly attended class let alone pay attention and do the homework. I passed every class except for one that I absolutely needed to graduate.
    I had to go to summer school instead of walking at graduation. Which wasn't a big deal to me, but was seriously disappointing to my parents and I definitely regret it. If I could go back now, I would be a much better student. :p

12. Yeah if I could go back I would change the way I treated it too. But stressing it only makes it worse. The more stressed I got, the less motivation I had. That was for me at least, everyone is different I suppose.

13. You did get screwed. Most teachers/professors I've had would have just lowered your score by how much you were missing. You had 2.5 of 3 pages so they would multiply your grade by .8 since you had about 80% of the requirement. For example if you got an 85 it was probably a 170 before the late penalty 170 *.8 would have given you a 140ish.

Oh well. Live and learn.

14. WTF school is this. I never had a teacher, even in college..be that strict. If there was a legit reason, or something like you did half a page short, they wouldve said finish it 100% and have it uploaded to me by midnight...and no points off. However if you tried to screw them after a "make up" offer than theyd nail you.

I remember I was in a presentation where half of it "wasnt there" i.e a poster board and other presenting materials cause my partner ditched class and had excuses. Lucky I didnt get docked since it wasnt my fault...and even after all that BS my parnter still didnt get any points deducted.

15. tell her that if she is going to mark you off for being late that much you would rather her grade the original paper and take off a few points for it not being the correct length, but seriously, you are a senior, how hard is it to write 3 pages?

16. shouldve just given it to her. you wouldve gotten like at least a 175

17. I think laziness is a major factor.