Is this bad news????

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Happy Daze, Oct 1, 2007.

1. I have been growing a plant in my garden (uk) and it has now started flowering.
    I have done my research and know that these are female flowers.
    [​IMG]

My problem is that today I have noticed these growths and I am convinced that my girl has turned hermie. Around a week ago, I had a large branch split on me and I splinted it and it seemed OK. In hindsight, perhaps it stressed that plant a little too much and caused the hermie...
    [​IMG]

My main questions are these....

It is a lone plant, so there is no danger of pollinating others. Should I just let it do it's own thing and harvest when ready?? I know it won't be as potent but I would like to smoke something at the end of it.
    Is it worth trying to remove as many male flowers (if that is what they are) to try and prevent pollination???

I have a load of photos of this first-time grow. I will be more than willing to post them all if anybody is interested in how I got to this point.

2. yeah grow it and smoke it, would be a waste if you didnt and also I haver heard you can remove pollen sacks but that it is not worth it because its damn near impossible to not bust any and it takes daaaaaayyyyys lol

3. is it the whole plant or just the large branch that has pollen sacks?

if its just the branch, you could probably remove the whole thing.

4. Unfortunately, they have started appearing all over the plant. The combination of the snapped branch and a spell of low temps at night have probably caused it to go hermie.

I'm not overly gutted. This was an experimental grow with some bagseed and my only real intention was to see if it is feasible to grow outdoors where I am.

As an absolute beginner, I feel that I have achieved a great deal with limited knowledge. I now have the bug and will continue in the future with seeds more suited to my location.

This is my latest pic. The height in this pic is 8ft.

[​IMG]

5. Damn, that things a beauty...shame about the balls.

But yea definately grow it to harvest; you may aswell as you've got this far.

How long's it been growing for out of interest?

By the way, were abouts in the UK you from if you don't mind me asking? Im soutern-east England and was wondering if a grow like this would be feasible. PM me or something if you don't feel posting on the forums :D

Anyway, awesome grow; and nice to see some more Brits around these parts.

6. I germed the seeds around mid-may and they went straight outside.
    As for where I am, I suppose you could say that I am in the Westcountry.

7. Its a boy!

8. I have decided to pick off as many boy-bits as possible in an attempt to reduce the chances of pollination. It feels like a losing battle, but if you don't try.........

Main main question is this - Will the plant try to compensate for me removing the male flowers by producing even more, or will it take the hint???

9. damnt hat thing is HUGE!!! grow it all the way til harvest and you will have so much bud.