Is this baby flowering??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dragnblow, Dec 11, 2011.

1. #1 dragnblow, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2011
    Hi
    i have a baby Holy Grail 69 plant and it has been under 6500k CFLs 24/7.
    It is almost a month old.
    It has been under 24/7 light for its whole life, but it looks like its flowering?
    Its like 3 inches tall...whats going on?
    Am i just high or is this plant doing something weird?

Attached Files:

2. Looks over watered, and yes it looks like it is starting to how it's sex.

3. what should i do with this?

4. I'd keep the light as it is, stop over watering it. Maybe a more experienced member can advise you too, I grow autos so I'm not too sure on photoperiod plants.

I'm sure you are overwatering though from the pictures. Wait till the soil is dry before watering.

5. Throw it on 12/12 and let the soil dry out before you water again .. Good luck bro

6. And transplant cause it's probably root bound

7. Yeah your right, i transplanted it a few days ago and think i got the soil entirely too moist, plus they had been watered recently. Im laying off until it's fairly dry. Thanks!

12/12 this early? Would it yield anything worthwhile since its so small? Since there's only one cola now would it just get real big or would more grow? Also it can't be root bound, i moved it from a solo cup to its 4" pot a week or so ago, and i have another plant (twice its size, same age and same pot) that is doing fine

8. no it wouldnt yield much if you flowered now.. but its just showing its sex.. usually they do that when theyre mature ive never seen one so small show it.. but anyway congrats shes a she!! Have you thought about topping and super cropping> MORE COLAS :)

9. o and do you have a fan on it?.. it will help to dry the soil out and moving air is good for freshness and strength :smoke:

10. Right? i've never seen a plant less than 4 inches tall, and less than a month out of the soil showing signs of sex, especially so distinctly! The pistils are already really long, and they weren't even there 2 days ago!
    Yep im glad it is a girl!

Topping/Super-cropping, heres the deal: I did both on my last grow and they both worked wonders. However, this is going to be a mother plant, and I'm going to keep it bonsai in its current container, and use it for clones...so i guess what i want to know is, will it help to top/super-crop in this situation? :confused:

Fans: I have an outtake fan right now, and a fan on the ground outside blowing into the box with the door propped open, due to limited resources at the moment. But I'm about to order 4 pc fans and a controller and have 2 intake at the bottom and 2 outtake at the top, think that'll be good?

If you look at my Grow Journal in my sig you can see my setup and what I'm doing. Its a perpetual in the making.

11. hmm if you were to bonsi i think you are going to want to top it.. im not really sure check out nugglord420s tutorial.. but if your little tree is in a box of sorts try n get one of those intake fans to blow right on the plant.. should help :)

12. yeah I've been reading up on his tutorial. Both plants have stunted growth i think from heat stress, so i think i still need to wait a little longer to top. Can you take a clone from topping?

13. It must be an auto plant. They move into bloom by age rather than flipping the lights (usually at about 1 month). Don't change it to 12/12. They are supposed to be grow at 18 hours of light their whole lives.

14. Actually if it is holy grail 69 they are growing it could be assumed that those are from Samsara and are not autos.. If that's true that container looks very small for holding a month old girl..

I think what has happened here is she rootbound and now has began sexing early.. I've noticed the smaller my pot the quicker the girl will show sex in my own garden as well if I don't transplant out right away..

To know when to water.. First water your girl until the container fills heavy.. Then don't water again till it feels light.. It will be a noticable difference..

How many cfl's are you working with?

15. Yes its from Samsara and its not an auto. I know its a small container but this plant is going to be a bonsai mother.

I have (4) 6500k CFLs, (2) 26w and (2) 23w. (1) of each watt is above my HG, and the other 2 above my other plant. Im having problems keeping the temp down..

Heres what it looks like.

Attached Files:

16. its a female and its flowering, but you are REALLY over watering your plant. If your leaves start to droop like that your drowning it.

17. Yeah i realize it's been over watered, haven't given it anything in 3 or 4 days.

18. Deffinitly rootbound and or overwatered...whats up bro..you should toss it into a bigger container.