Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this as weird as I think?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by The Audion, Apr 22, 2011.

1. I'd like to take a moment to fully explain the thing that has happened in my worst experiences with weed, why I'm currently taking a break, and why sometimes I wonder if I ever can smoke weed and enjoy it again.This is it, this is the reason (Its worth mentioning that general anxiety and paranoia has preceded this in my past smoking experiences.)

I'll tell you know, if it sounds disturbing and bizarre, thats because it is. The best way I can describe it is a body high from hell. Whereas I've always understood a body high to be pleasant sensations (warmth, vibration, pulsating) This is quite the opposite. Its like inside my body are metallic things poking, prodding, stabbing, ricocheting, generally violent actions, all happening at very high rates of speed. Like a jackhammer. Absolutely terrifying, it just feels so, grotesque.

This first occurred in my chest, then found its way behind my eyeballs. I don't know if I described it accurately enough. Just fucking weird sensations, and not weird like dude I'm baked, weird like a cannibal corpse song. The funny thing is, I experienced this in some great experiences with weed, just to a lesser extent. So I just assumed it was a body high. I actually found it to be pleasurable and accompanied by no anxiety or paranoia at the time. If you have have not already written me off as a nut, I'd like to present to you my theories for makes this occur.

1. I'm Just smoking too damn much and getting paranoid

2. I might be a hypochondriac and weed makes me focus on my body too much

3. The sensations only feel as weird as they do because I had a panic attack which brought on feelings of impending doom, making me create in my mind these sensations which would feel otherwise textbook "body high like" and not worry me

4. I've finally lost it:p

seriously if you made it this far, bravo. sorry for the bad vibes, but truth be told I feel better now that I laid that all out. Its been bugging me for a while. Your input is not only welcomed but encouraged. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming (was my weed laced with cocaine zzomggggggg)

tl;dr : I got nothin to say, chief.

2. What is the source of your weed? Dealer, Grower, Dispensary?

3. Na, its kind of normal. When i'm sitting on my bed completely baked, sometimes some scary thoughts pass my head, and of course they're intensified.

It just happens, you just have to learn it's like a ride and to just go with the flow.

4. dealer. Never had any problems with his stuff until a few months ago.

5. sounds like youre paranoid or getting bad weed. take a week off and pickup something new.

how many pushups you at? :p

6. I'm not sure if you're familiar with JWH-018, but me and my best friend got nug laced with it once. we were smoking it for two months until my friend started having panic attacks, then after some research he concluded that it was laced with JWH. it feels similar to weed, however after reading experiences its easy to feel the difference.
    I'd say its worth looking into, because the shit is dirt cheap, and in its purest form its a white powder. Its almost odorless and tasteless when mixed with bud, and hardly noticed.
    I know the whole 'why would someone waste drugs on your weed' deal, but its a lot cheaper to get a whole lot of decent bud and JWH than a whole lot of dank.
    If the effects persist for days or weeks after an experience that you described, id say theres a good chance its JWH. even so, it still could be. JWH is a fucked up chemical that gives all kinds of ridiculous reactions.
    Also, look into cutting down on coffee/nicotine/aspirin/any other chemicals or medications that aren't 100% necessary for you to function.
    Good luck :)

7. Yea, I do get pretty damn paranoid. Hoping to get hooked up with some high quality stuff this summer.

oh right, the pushups :rolleyes:

8. I think I would've noticed white powder in their with my bud, unless its SO potent that an unnoticeable amount is required to make the user get "extra" high. At this point I'm almost hoping you're right, because I'd love to have a solid and concrete (albeit fucked up) explanation for the anxiety making me unable to enjoy weed.

But I did smoke one of those legal smoking blends once. I got high, no paranoia. Whether it had jwh I can't be too sure. Probably did since the high was similar to weed.

9. Yeah. Unfortunately my friend took a 4 month break until he felt ready to toke again, because of flashbacks =/ the shit takes a while to leave your brain.
    I have heard of people taking several pounds of weed, dissolving the jwh in water, and spraying it all over the bud. When the solution dries, it crystalizes into white powder and would probably look just like extra thc crystals.
    Also, I've never smoked pure JWH, but I hear it is potent.

Erowid Experience Vaults: JWH-018 (also Cannabinoid Receptor Agonist) Main Index

see if any of those sound familiar

10. The few times I've been on the "edge" to a bad trip I always seem to forget about it if I light another bowl. Not the best advice in the world I know, but if it works for me it might work for some of you out there.

11. Well, none of those effects sound terribly familiar, except the intense paranoia/anxiety. Is there some way to tell if you ever suspect your bud is sprayed with jwh?

12. happens to me sometimes too, i've actually had a full out panic attack before from pot..

i've gotten to where now, when i start feeling that, i'll just put it on family guy, or trailor park boys and it just takes me mind right off of it..

that's also how "bad trips" from mushrooms/lsd start as well..

13. meaning what I described or just paranoia/anxiety?

You would think if I was the kind of person who got anxious from weed it would've happened the first time I toked. It was great though. Those first 3 months of smoking were amazing.

14. You just gotta wait till it feels right to toke again, you can't force it....it might seem like forever but one day you will be able to smoke happily again.

15. yea the summer hopefully

16. The same thing happened to me once bro, i felt like my brain was being scooped out of my head by a hot spoon... it was really not fun

I think it was mostly due to the fact that I smoked waay too much of some veeery dank weed on a low tolerance

I don't wanna chock your experience up to that, but i know thats what caused my bad experience...

17. I would say it's probably a combination of these three things. :p

I've had anxiety issues all my life, and I've had some pretty damned unpleasant highs... but I know myself well and I know each unpleasant high was because A) I smoked too much and B) I let the anxiety take over and didn't keep as much mental control as I should have.

Have you dealt with anxiety issues outside of getting high? Because if you have, then I can almost guarantee that's a big part of it, just from my own personal experiences.

If you're like me and you've dealt with anxiety for a long time then even the anxiety of possibly getting anxiety can be anxiety causing, as absolutely ridiculous as that sounds. :laughing:

But anyway, I don't think you've "finally lost it" or anything. I can sympathize with where your coming from, and I don't think I've finally lost it yet either. For the most part anyway. ;)

18. As horrible as that sounds, it also sounds great, because I know I'm not alone in having these crazy feelings and bad highs.

Before having some bad highs and subsequent panic attacks, I never had anxiety problems, not that I'm aware of anyway. But I know what you mean about the idea of anxiety itself causing anxiety. When those thoughts pop up when high its hard to relax.

19. Your letting your mind wander to far away when your bake. Try listening to some music with headphones while your smoking. When i'm high and let my mind wander into the outskirts of reality and into a dream state, my bodies able to make up some weird feelings from within. Shits Intense.

20. thanks constantine.