Is This Art?

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Alphaone, Jul 3, 2007.

1. I did the background and such for the still image.

As to my question - When I look at this hash, I deem it to be a beautiful piece of craftsmanship, so in my opinion, yes I believe it qualifies as art.

Not to mention, after I smoked some of it, It was even more beautiful!
    :smoke:.
    It's Moroccan Mountain hash. It goes for 500 an oz.
    Great stuff. The highest quality.

[​IMG]

2. Looks like art to me man, don't leave that hash laying around, could be mistaken for a brownie! ;)

3. anything can be art.

4. Holy Shit man, what if you ate all that!!!
    Of course after the first bite youd realize it was no brownie.

Is it art? Art is anything which holds beauty, on any level of the word. (and there are many levels) Hash is certainly art.

5. I hear ya on the brownies!
    (I made some of those last week actually. lol)

For real though, the pic makes it look much bigger than it actually is.

This is a one ounce bar, about the size and thickness of 2 bic lighters placed side by side.
    It's really dense and smokes very well, I usually just smoke it straight out of the bowl. Pinch off a pellet and heat it up, then flatten it out in the bowl, barely touch a flame to it and hold on for the ride !
    :hello:

6. my definition of art is a man made object made with the intention of being art. only the creator of said object can bestow the status of 'art' on it, that decision is not for the viewer or consumer to decide.

so no, imho, it is not art. looks like some tasty hash though :p

7. Art is anything you can get away with.
    -Marshal McLuhan

8. Thanks for all the input. I should have put up a poll! lol

9. Art speaks beauty yes, but it can be cold and ugly as well. It comes from inside, I like to think, so it doesn't even have to be a conscious effort in my opinion.

The first conscious efforts at art can be emensly daunting. We are afraid to fail. I don't remember who said it, but something that has been helpful to me is a quote I read by a poet. We are all failures, it's the measure of our failure that makes us.

peace

10. Nicely put.:smoke:

You had to have been high when your wrote that, right?:yay:

11. LMAO, a very good probability, I don't remember for sure, but as the amount of time I'm high, far outweighs the amount of time I'm not, I'd say it's a safe assumption.:p:D

Peace