Is This Anything To Be Concerned About?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Shadowz, May 22, 2014.

1. I noticed about 2 nights ago that a couple of leaves were drooping just at the tip, tonight I noticed that one of the leaves was curling up just a bit along the edge.

Other then that they look fine, good color, good growth.....

Soil:
    Fox farms organic soil/compost/potting soil/chicken manure (60/25/10/5%)

Lights: 4-23w 5600K CFL's with 6 more over the plants next to it.

Light cycle 19/5

No nutes have ever been fed to it.

I had them sitting right next to each other so the lights over one plant also shine onto the one next to it. After seeing this I moved them apart in case it was to much.

So am I just being to paranoid or is there a problem creeping up?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Looks like light burn to me but I cant be positive...

when your this hated, its hard to be loved.......

3. I wondered about that myself, but the leaf on the opposite side of the lights is doing it as well.

I went ahead and moved her away from the other lights just in case and I moved her lights up a couple of inches so I guess well see if it makes a difference...

4. If the tips start yellowing and curling gets worse it could be a magnesium deficiency. I had an issue with that my last grow and some magnum by Humbold County cleared it up in a couple days.

5. #5 p42082, May 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2014
    Whats the temp of the grow room.
    How close are the lights.

6. No sign of any yellowing at all, just what you see.

The room averages around 80-82 in the day, and low 70's at night.

The lights were about 3 inches from the plants, I put my hand between the plant and the lights to make sure it wasn't to hot. I've since moved them to about 4-5 inches above the plant, I'm just worried that if I move them to far it'll cause them to stretch to much.

I keep a small side window open for ventilation and I have a 6in fan blowing on them at all times.

7. Pic2 is the clue see the leaf margins have curled up too, thats too hot, keep a small fan in their, and a temp probe too, maintain 70f/25c,
    a very brave soil mix indeed.
    Avoid the short stumpy look to your plant by going 50/50 ...add 2 23w 2700k cfl's

good luck 
    "V"