Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this alcohol safe to make cannabis oil with?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Calvin Kirk, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Take a look at the attached picture. It says it's pure 100% pharmaceutical grade isopropyl alcohol. Is it safe to use?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. For making hash its ok.

For baking into treats I would pass.

3. I don't use any harsh solvents to make oil. Wax yes, oil no.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

4. The large exclamation point and explosion on the label clearly indicate this product is not "safe" but rather must be handled with proper precautions.

5. are you talking about qwiso? if so then yes. as a matter of fact that is exactly what you want to use right there. 100% iso is perfect for qwiso. if you plan on using that alcohol for something other then qwiso i would pass because i am not sure what youre talking about other wise.

6. I don't know what qwiso is, someone else told me that rubbing alcohol is not safe to use as it's not food grade.

I'm trying to make oil by soaking the bud in alcohol, then evaping the alcohol away leaving the oil.

7. #7 puddleglum, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
    "Food grade" isa somewhat misleading term, as isopropyl alcohol is poisonous if ingested. (You can confirm or deny my statement by reading the label on the bottle.)

Best to educate yourself if you wish to proceed. Here is a popular discussion of the topic: http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing-m...

8. I use everclear to make mine

9. Can someone plz post a recipe of how to make the oil..thanks!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Grasscity Forum mobile app