is this a trap?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by fracturtle, Nov 20, 2008.

1. is reality transcendent?

have we been fooled into believing there is nothing more than you can experience with the 5 senses?

is humanity being led on a wild goose chase?

i suppose ultimately these questions will get me nowhere until i am content without knowing:p

2. We would certainly be naive to believe that reality is not transcendent. Even the senses we have to interpret the reality in which we exist are limited to the perception of small portions within a range of stimuli. We are unable to perceive light waves that we know exist beyond our scope. We cannot hear frequencies on either side of the continuum perceivable by us.

I've been interested for some time about the possibility of what might exist right in front of my nose that I'm unable to perceive. Can it see me? How might it be able to affect me?

Very interesting topic.

Peace

3. This is an idea that think about commonly. Our 5 senses are merley a lense in which we view the world through. There are so many "things" that we cannot see, smell, touch, hear, and taste that affect us. And our senses can be tricked. Our reality is so much more than physical sense.

4. i'm glad you find this as interesting as i do:p

i think this is why i am so drawn to altering consciousness. i can't be sure but i think there are ways to broaden our perception and experience aspects of reality we wouldn't normally.

i am also greatly intrigued by the distinction between matter and energy. here is my favorite quote on that topic, though it doesn't stop there.
    bill hicks: comedian and philosopher:hello:

All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.....