Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this a strain?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Saxon122, Feb 10, 2014.

1. My friend is my dealer and he pulls P's he said he has some dank kush....I asked him what strain and he said it's just kush...is kush a strain by itself? I went to leafly and their is nothing by the name "kush" it's all kush strains.....help me!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Yeah most likely he has no idea what strain it is....just calling it Kush to move to product.

3. Yea that's what I thought

4. #4 DankHerbologist, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
    he probably didnt name it himself.  his plug probably just said that he had some kush so that is exactly what he is going to tell everybody else. and yes kush itself is a strain

5. Kush can refer to a lot of things (Afghani, Indica dom stains, etc), but usually it's just something hell call it because it sounds good. To most people it just means good weed.

6. Dank Kush is not a strain. Dank is used to describe the quality of weed, dank is high, high quality weed. Medical grade or extremely well grown. The fact that he is describing his weed as 'dank' implies that it is very potent strong weed, which is desirable for most users.

Kush just means Indica dominant, the term originating from the Hindu-Kush mountain range. What he is saying is that he has very potent Indica dominant herb. You should google the difference between Indica and Sativa and decide if you want to take him up on his offer.

Dank Kush = Very potent, Indica dominant herbage.

Hope I helped.    :confused_2:

7. If kush itself is a strain then why is it not on leafly or anywhere on the internet as a self strain?

8. You guys think too much...I know what dank means obviously I'm asking if kush is a self strain....

9. #10 XCITED, Feb 10, 2014

Kush is not a strain itself, it just means the plant is Indica dominant. Google the differences between Sativa and Indica and educate yourself, we have provided you with the answers you seek in this thread. Kush is not a strain, it is more a genre of weed, a type which is heavily Indica dominant. A strain would be something such as 'Green Crack' or 'Lemon Haze'.

10. Your google fu is weak Saxon.  A quick google search and the top link would have provided you with answers.

I'll copy paste it for you.

"Kush refers to a subset of strains of Cannabis indica. The origins of Kush Cannabis are from landrace plants mainly in Afghanistan, Northern Pakistan and North-Western India <sup>[1]</sup> with the name coming from the Hindu Kush mountain range."

So no.  Kush is not a strain in itself.  Think of it like a haze or skunk subset of strains.  Some people will disagree of course.

.... and then of course you have every kid out there calling their top shelf quality bud kush even if it's not a kush strain.  It has been adopted as slang for top shelf, dank, trips, fire, bombs whatever you call it in your geographic region.

11. No im not, read the links. :smoke:

12. If I didn't know the difference between indica and sativa I would have asked that stop assuming shit

13. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

[​IMG]

There are tons of strains that arent on Leafly.  I barely even read descriptions because there has been plenty of inaccurate ones. You need to look at what the breeders description is.

Btw this is an example of a breeder who has "Kush" as one of their strains.  https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/ceres-seeds-kush/prod_295.html

16. #18 Thicken Dense, Feb 10, 2014

OP asked a legit question, there's a lot of confusion about the subject in case you haven't noticed ;)

17. Op the answer to your question was given several times. Now all you have to do is get that reading comprehension up to a fourth grade level and you would understand said answers that were given.......

18. Thought Id share this picture as I was looking at other kush varieties I came across this monster of a cola.

[​IMG]