Is this a spider mite?

Discussion in 'General' started by camram, Dec 16, 2012.

1. I have a bad feeling it is...

I don't grow. Basically I was grinding up some herb on a white table and while I was toking I noticed this guy running away. If so, is it dangerous that I just smoked a bowl of herb that might have spider mites? I mean I'm really high...

Attached Files:

2. Looks like it may be a spider mite. Not going to actually harm you, its just undesirable. I have smoked a lot of weed that probably had some pest problem, no fucks given.

3. I don't understand how a spider mite could live in my stash jar??? I have an airtight jar with a latch on it. I mean no air and I would think it could not live in there.

I have a couple different strains in the jar. All individually packaged. Anyone know a way I could figure out which strain had them? I'd hate to just flush an 1/8th...

4. did it look like this?

[​IMG]

5. I attached a pic...

6. Spider mites are small you wldnt have noticed it on your bud its that small. Like bed bugs. U prolly had a regular spider chilling in ur jar.

7. He attached a pic trying to help lol

8. This might help with size. After I took the pic, I smashed it and it left like a .25" streak of nastiness.

So I'm guessing too big to be a spider mite?

9. I also don't think I would have noticed it unless I used a white table. Do they feed on grinders and pipes, too?

10. Nope not dangerous. Just kinda icky.

11. U have not meet many Asian people lol. They will eat anything

12. nah but it probably pooped on your bud

that's why with medicinal marijuana they gotta go through thorough inspection to make sure it's 100% healthy and not covered in insect diarrhea

13. Spider mites suck on weed juices. Weed juices=thc=a much stronger high from smoking the mites

14. How much air ya think they breath? Not much. More than enough in a small jar.

That doesn't look like a spider mite.

Are all those legs actually legs? Mites have eight legs and there are thousands of species, most completely harmless.

If those two longer front "legs" are actually antennae and it has six legs then you have some kind of insect there not a mite.

15. This is MMJ from a well-known CO dispensary.

16. My pic looks pretty similar to cball's pic. I took each strain from the jar and emptied it from its pill-bottle-type container onto the white table. I didn't see anything else crawling around.

Probably just some random insect. I checked the buds for webbing and did not find anything as well.

17. Did you need anything to see your spider. With a 30x zoom you can just see them move. Cballs pic is on a bud and I wld say at 100x since its a close up. You can clearly see a trichome in cballs where yours looks way big for a spider mite

18. Yeah I was working with 3X optical zoom in micro/macro? mode... Pretty old camera