Is this a seed forming?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Clarice, May 8, 2015.

1. #1 Clarice, May 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
    She has been locked up indoors since her second set of leaves, but started flowering just over a week later. As far as I know, there aren't any males around to fertilise her. Well, I only have autofem but there's a chance my neighbours growing bag seed... View attachment 1768060

Attached Files:

2. What's your concern? Are worried about your neighbor pollinating your crop? Its possible its travels thousands of miles in the wild. We need pics if you want a definitive answer. 

3. Thanks for your reply. Isn't my attached file showing? It shows when I click on blue highlighted link..

4. #4 Clarice, May 8, 2015
    My concern is, will this wreck the potency? Do I need to do something to stop it all going to seed? Should I remove it as my plant is very tiny?

Attached Files:

6. #6 Clarice, May 8, 2015

Ok it shows two thumbnails attached on my phone, but I'll try another :) image.jpg

Attached Files:

7. My computer must be glitched up or something. Last response not a dang thing, this time the ones that had no attachments now do. My bad mate 

8. Oh I'm just glad it's not me :p

9. female calyx [​IMG]

they're your buds man

leave that little thing alone[​IMG]

10. #10 Clarice, May 8, 2015
    Ohhhhh cool I've never seen them so early in formation :) thanks heaps

11. Never seen a gurl that little and already showing sex, but she sure is cute & that's not a seed [​IMG] so pat yourself on the back, or head, or butt... you doing good.
    Started showing a week after her second set of leaves? What strain is that?

BTW, Welcome to GC and bestaluck to ya!

12. Doesn't look like it's prego. If a pistil gets pollinated the color is different than the usual dry and fade on an un-pollinated calyx. I know that doesn't help ya much at this stage of the game, but keep an eye on the pistil color of your normal growing plants and if you see one that's darker or seems like its 'core' fades before the rest you may have a pollinated calyx.

13. told you to wait to pull it :p 

14. Thanks :) this is so much fun lol I feel like a new mum :)
    She's my very first seed and she's a northern lights auto fem from nirvana. I messed around at first with lighting and feed, but she's now got 69w of her own, changing to 135w tomoro. Oh and the gnats, they came out of nowhere so I got that yellow sticky paper and now I've stuck their whole family, hundreds of baby gnats that couldn't have been good.
    I can't wait to see what she's like next week :)

15. #15 Clarice, May 8, 2015
    Yep thanks some random outdoors-man, good instinct ;)
    And thanks Heshtastic and Olde school...

16. It hasn't been pollinated but how old is the plant? I have never seen such a small flowering plant before. What's the clear tube for? 

17. She's just turned 5 weeks old. The supplier states that it he northern lights auto skips veg and goes straight to flower, I wish I had read that prior to last week as I have been freaking.
    The clear tube is for my home made CO2 generator... Normally sits just above the plant but I moved it for photo..
    I'll post more pics as she grows/buds up :)

18. The plant is 5 weeks old? Really? We have other problems to fix before we are worried about a pollinated plant.

What soil are you growing in?
    what is the PH of soil and water?
    What is your light schedule?

There is some serious nute/Ph issues going on here that you have to fix. At this point in the game you need to get your head around this plant not producing anything. But you can at least learn something from this plant. Get us a PH reading of the water going into the pot and the soil run off. Auto flower plants still go through a vegetative stage it's just shorter and you should get at least 2 weeks before pre-flower. 2 weeks of growth should get you to at least the 5th node of leaves.

19. #19 Clarice, May 8, 2015
    I started her off in some general seedling soil mix out in the sun until she got her second set of true leaves. She had nothing but ordinary tap water for the first two weeks. Then I started reading. I immediately changed to distilled water and then I started Gogo juice (microbes) and Charlie carp organic fertiliser NPK 1.6:0.5:0.75. After 2 feeds two days apart I replanted her in organic soil (that had similar ingredients to a super soil) and I added extra dolomite, potassium pellets and and Epsom salts then added perlite and worms. I haven't tested the pH yet as my pens just arrived and I'm out of distiller water so I'll test that tomoro. I just fed her her bloom juice today - Powerfeed organic feed for fruit veggies and herbs. NPK 2.8:0.1:3.4. The light cycle is 20/4. Temps 27-29C. Humidity 30%. Passive ventilation (tents in a draft, counteracts heat perfectly).
    I really appreciate any advice... I'm not expecting much from her... I had no idea how hard this can be, especially coz I want it as organic as possible..

20. #20 AnonymousBuds, May 8, 2015
    its not hard your just over thinking it a bit.
    ok when you seedling is just popping up just have it in a base soil mix and DO NOT give it nutes at all for at least 2 weaks. just go with a soil that is say 5-5-5 or even 10-10-10 the soil is your plants nutes so you dont need any for at least 21 days.
    make sure your lights when seedling up untill prefolwer are 24/0 then when pre-flower happens  switch to 12/12  your light right now is killing you. a plant needs 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness to start its flowering cycle. now i bet you your plant got subjected to 12 hours of darkness even being an auto and it triggered it to go into flower way early.
    as for nutes during veg you want high N with low or medium P & K then when you switch your light cycle to 12/12 you want to ease off the N and go to a heavy P&K mix with little N

dont over think it.  you give a sensi plant light and water its gonna grow. when you think its big enough give it 12/12 and now its budding. its that simple
    hope this helped you out a bit. im a newb closing in on my first indoor grow(day 43) check my link cheers