Is this a scam?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ravinglogs, Mar 23, 2015.

1. I didn't know where else to post this?
    Long story short: do not use ilovegrowingmarijuana.com

It was a recommendation from a thread and after inspection of the website it doesn't seem to be a legit company. (No disclaimers of any kind, also who names the site after growing MJ that is asking for legal audits) I googled it and found copy/paste reviews on people's forum accounts... But the accounts only had one post... It's like they made a bunch of diff accounts and left reviews across hundreds of forums to convince people of their business...

Anyway after losing 70+$ and over 90 BUSINESS DAYS I finally threatened to chargeback my card if they didn't give me my god damn money back.

So I wonder if anyone else has had this experience.

My question is this:
    The response I got was "we cannot refund to your card because we changed card systems in January what is your paypal so we can refund the money?"

I feel like if I give them my paypal they will take all my money... My bank account is linked to my PayPal and if I make a phony one I can't get the money out without linking it. No idea but when I made an account on their site I may have used the same password as I used for my paypal... Who knows tho. Think this is safe? Thanks guys :)

🌳420🌳

2. Tell them to give you the name the are registered withbpaypal with and then you can send them a money request. Acts like an invoice. It may help. I always thought that dude was bullshit. Good luck

3. For them to pay money in to your PayPal account they only need either your email address or phone number. there is no risk. What they said sounds pretty legit. A lot of seed vendors are having trouble with credit card companies at the moment. I'm assuming it's a seed vender of course

4. at anyrate these types of companies are rip offs in terms of what they sell....they sell well crafted replicas of popular strains hence why you don't see which breeders version of a particular strain displayed on their website. while the strains may perform similarly to the original and I have shopped with them before....I'd accept some degree of sleaziness from anyone who sells knock offs.That isn't to say they don't have a legitimate issue at the moment however.

5. #5 Fari Warrior, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015
    Pick sense from nonsense

Attached Files:

• GC.png
      GC.png
      File size:
      832.1 KB
      Views:
  6. I would request a charge back from my card company. You shouldn't have to use a PayPal account to get your money back when you didn't use it to pay them to start with.