Is this a problem

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Menace25, Dec 25, 2017.

1. I'm using 5 gallon smart pots, growing in mother of Earth Coco perlite 70/30, and feeding with Flora Series 3 part expert drain to waste. I'm growing Nirvana White Widow and Humbolt O.G.Kush. it's a pretty aggressive heating Style with a lot of different root supplements, is it a problem if the roots are sticking out to in beyond the bottom of the smart pots? I thought when The Roots come out the smart pot and hit air they were supposed to stop growing but maybe because of the issue I had with the room being too cold and then not drinking a lot, there was always a little in The Spill tray so it sort of seems like it's going on a cocoa / Hydro mix, lol. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Looks is good to me. Roots coming out of the pot is nothing to worry about. I do see a little tacoing of the leaves are you using a calmag supplement?

Hi how are you no it’s how hi are you
    Hi how are you no it’s how hi are you

3. Not really an issue I suspect there is water being left in you pan after watering otherwise they would self prune...

5. You are correct, so I assume that's why they did not air prone. I had an issue with temperature so they were slowly growing and developing but I sent took care of that and everything is all right now, now they're eating correctly. Should I do anything with the roots that protrude the bottom? Will it hurt the plant? A few are 2-3"

6. Wont cause any problems for you... I would get bigger trays so air can get under you pots as well,

7. Thanks. I wasn't sure what to do for trays since I'm using 5 gal smart pots, but last cycle I didn't use any and always had a mess on the floor. I also created a little spacer to go between them and the watering tray so they can truly dry out and not sit directly in the tray

• Like Like x 1
  8. I found these round discs that are actually used I guess to keep plants growing straight and I drilled holes through them and put them under the smart pots I put the smart pots inside 24 inch boiler drain pans to act as catch basins. This ensures the bottom of the smart pots don't sit directly squished in the bottom of the drain pan Which might lead to mildew or any other problems now air can get to the bottom of the roots once they protrude through the bottom of the smart pot.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Great idea!! I use stainless or chrome coated baking racks under my planters when not using the sip, they come in different shapes and sizes an are cheap, the chrome falls off dollar store racks & start to rust after a couple cycles but the price is right....