Is this a problem or not?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jillielover, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Ok, I've been vegigng a plant under cfl's for going onto 5 weeks... It got baaaad nute burn. And all the big fan leaves truned orange and dried out and died. I cut them off, and the plant just looks like a stem with a lot of smaller leaves hanging off, and then the new growth l;eaves at the top, all the leavs that are on are fully a live, along with the main stem, very great conidition.. My question is that, Will new growth start at the bottom? And will my plant live? Wish I had a pic, sorry./

2. A picture would help alot... I'd flush em, lay off the nutes for a bit, and hope for the best :D How big is the pot you got em in?

best of luck

-spliff

3. The bucket is a couple gallons I think.
    The plant is about 12 inches high I believe, looks realll healthy, justs tunted growth and lost a lot of big fan leaves.

4. it'll take a while for them to grow back, for now just concentrate on what you have left. if they started looking like ram horns and crisp up, your soil is still too hot

5. What do you mean soil is too hot? I'm using cfl's but it is relatively hot in the box... Think that si the problem? I say at most the heat gets up to 85-90, but I haven't added ferts in a looonng time , after they burn my baby.

6. soil too hot means too many nutes in the soil.. not temperature :D .. however 85-90 sounds a bit hot get closer to 80 range if possible..