Is This a Problem - Or Am I Paranoid?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by spines, Oct 19, 2008.

1. This is our new plant, she is ten days old. Some leaves are starting to curl up at the edges and we are not sure if that's a problem or if it's just something her strain does (strain is unknown, came in a random 'grab-bag' of twenty seeds). Pictures below.

The two other guys didn't do this when we started them, but they were started under slightly different conditions.

Here are her conditions:

*Kept at around 76 F.
    *Two two 23 watt Daylight (6500k) directly above & 40 watt Soft White CFLs above the plants to her sides (very indirect).
    *Water every few days (3 to 4)
    *Planted in Miracle Grow potting soil.
    *Have not yet used nutes.
    *pH is around 6.
    *Recieve 24 hours of light.

[​IMG]

The curling leaves.

---

[​IMG]

Whole plant as of today.

---

[​IMG]

Light setup.

---

2. Im new to this but could that be heat stress?

3. do you have a fan moving air off of those yet?

4. #4 rhh410, Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2008
    They might be burning a little bit, try backing the light off a bit.

Oh and when you transplant them don't use miracle gro products, Marijuana does do very well in them. Out of all the things for your plant you can half ass, the soil and nuts aren't ones you want to mess with.

5. No fan yet, I can't find them anywhere in the stores around me. Any recomendations on a small, cheaper fan? IS the air not flowing on them a big issue?

Besides the edges curling up, she looks pretty good to me. I am not experienced in this; is she doing well for 1.5 weeks?

6. here at walmart fans are five bux where do u live in the artic? not sure y ur town does not have fans

7. None of the retail stores around here do, because it is off season. The fan section is full of fans which are heater elements.

If anybody has a small favorite that they can push with high recomendations or think the curling on the leaves is nothing to be concerned about, please let me know.

Thanks.

8. Try using a bog standard 100mm PC fan. Use google to see how to connect one via AC/DC or just run one from your Computer if it's within range.

Otherwise they're looking good, healthy green and quite compact growth. :D

-JC