Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is This A Normal Thing To Happen?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by megadethfan420, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Greetings ladies and gents. I was hoping that maybe some of you out there that are more experienced than me could help me here, I'd honestly really really appreciate if you could hear me out.

So basically, this happened the second time I smoked weed. The first time, I was with an experienced friend and we used his glass pipe. I cant remember how many hits I took. Maybe around 6? That could be wrong. But I basically just felt pretty good, the park we went to looked very vibrant and beautiful, I found the feeling of a few different articles of clothing I was wearing very nice when I touched them, bought an ice cream and I swear ice cream never tasted so good, I felt nice and calm, etc etc. Good first experience.
    The second time, however, wasnt as great.
    I was with 3 friends, relatively inexperienced. We went to a nearby park, and one of my friends had borrowed a bong from his brother. I got caught up in the moment and made the stupid decision of smoking what I'm guessing was way too much. 8-9 bong hits, in a short time period. At first, my throat just felt... kinda constricted? I could still breathe no problem, but thats the best I can describe it as. After a while, maybe 20 minutes, shit started happening. It's hard to describe. One thing was my vision. Lets say I was looking straight ahead. That image would then move to the left side 3 or 4 times. Not fluidly, more... in a kinda 'blocky' fashion if that makes sense. As a result, I felt dizzy. Besides this, I felt as if I was in a video game, as I've heard others describe how they see things as while high. I also felt like... my ability to comprehend things was coming and going. Like I'd snap out of a state where I was completely zoned out every once in a while. The aforementioned state feeling like... that feeling when you're falling asleep but you're just on the edge of sleep, with the snap backs feeling like I was abruptly waking up. Sorry if that seems unclear, but it's the best I can describe it as. Also, short term memory loss in a sense that I could physically remember what happened, but I dont mentally remember being there. I also felt a bit paranoid. It may not sound much but it was quite scary for me personally at the time. My main concerns are the weird vision and the comprehension issue. I have to admit that beforehand I was kinda stressed and wasnt really in the mood, but I went ahead with it anyway. I should also mention that I dont believe it couldve been spiked, as my other 3 friends were relatively ok. One felt nothing and smoked about the same amount as I did approx, and it was his first time. Another friend just got really giggly and flirty, smoked the same amount as me and friend 1 seperately did, and I dont know if it was her first time. The last friend felt paranoid and cried at one point but has since smoked marijuana numerous times and has been fine, it was his first time and he didnt smoke as much as the rest of us.
    I realise I should've been more responsible. The effect I've described lasted 3 hours tops. I just want to know, is this normal? Did I just smoke too much when it doesnt take much at all for me to get high? Or did something else happen? Sorry if this is a nooby question. I just want to know what happened me that time, and if it's advisable for me to stay away from marijuana in the future. Huge thanks to anyone who decides to help me out :)

2. Your second time smoking weed you did 9 bong hits? lol. Try 1-2 next time.

• Like Like x 2
  3. That was a shit ton to read i quit after the giggly flirty friend. U smoked alot an i miss them highs. Anyways u cant see stuff when high on weed. But ur vision will be blurred a bit and ull be a tad slower. Also for me everything seemed to go by as " pictures" but after about 30 times of smoking you will build a tolerence an just feel relaxed.

Enter The Grape Train!

4. It's normal for you.

5. You smoked to much..... its called a green out

6. [quote name="megadethfan420" post="20429889" timestamp="1407714013"]

So basically, this happened the second time I smoked weed.

No need to read further than that. You smoked weed and got high.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Yeah you just got too high its called greening out

8. You're good man you just smoked more than you're use to and your heartrate sped up a bit

9. you were smacked as fuck. i miss my first days toking I'd get so ripped. enjoy it while it lasts, You won't be able to ever get this high again after a while

10. I died from weed once

• Like Like x 2
  11. Your either really stoned right now or fell asleep and considered that death.
    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  12. Just some plain old sarcasm haha

13. Damn! u went all in on your second time.!

14. #15 Canadian_Penis, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
    That happened because of how much you smoked. A bong is allot stronger compared to a pipe. I feel like I'm in a video game when I get really high, but my vision never moved like that. But that's normal, especially if you take 10 bong hits with basically 0 tolerance. The comprehension thing is normal too. That happens allot when I'm high. 

If you like it, get that high again. It won't hurt you, but your tolerance will get high faster if you do that often. 
    It could hurt you if your heart speeds up allot. But if you don't notice your heart, you're fine.

Greening out is throwing up cause you take too rank of a hit. 

• Like Like x 1
  15. Haha thats normal when you are just starting out, in fact I can remember experiencing the same vision you were having. But the thing is, while that is normal and all weed highs are fairly similar, each high is also unique in its own way, depending on the strain you smoked, you, and your surroundings. So dont think its going to be that way everytime

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Dood reelly??!?!?

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  17. No... It was twice.

18. Hey man, you are just starting out smokin
    Dont smoke that much
    But anyways I wish I still could get high like that :)