Is this a male?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KentuckyKush, Nov 30, 2011.

1. This is my only plant and I'm pretty sure it's a male because it has what I think are male pre flowers on it. What do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think I heard somewhere that big fan leaves are an indicator of a male. Is that true? because...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. [quote name='"KentuckyKush"']This is my only plant and I'm pretty sure it's a male because it has what I think are male pre flowers on it. What do you think?

I think I heard somewhere that big fan leaves are an indicator of a male. Is that true? because...

[/quote]

Could be? How long in flower time? It could be new growth as well. Any hairs coming out from upper nodes?

3. too early to tell...never herd of bigger fan leaves meaning male...NO way of telling what the sex will be before it starts to flower unless u buy feminized seeds.

kthnxbye.

4. From what I see in the pictures its still too early to tell,, are you even flowering it?

5. @jumpin I started 12/12 two days ago. It was vegged for 6 weeks and started showing those little what look like balls on a stick about week 5 or so. Hairs on the upper nodes? Their are fuzzy hairs all over the plant lol so I'm not exactly sure what type of "hair" I'm supposed to be looking for.

@kushking I thought pre flowers were an indication of sex before flowering?

google images "male preflower"
    [​IMG]

mine

[​IMG]

6. Here this should help! side by sideish! [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

7. Hmm so does that mean that it could possibly be a female it just hasn't popped out a pistil yet?

8. I had a strange tiny ball on a stick thing just like that on my pineapple express but a few days later it sprouted pistols. I haven't seen anything like it on any other plants.

9. it doesnt look like a male or female yet to me, so yeah it could, and the calyx or the balls are gonna pop out closer to inbetween the stem and the "joint" or place wehre the stems intersect, the lil ball your questioning is kinda in the center of the stem between the stipules it seems.

10. Did you only see one or multiple instances of it? It'd be dope if I had your specific strain of pineapple express :smoke: because as far as I know this is just some bag seed. I have no idea where it came from.

11. 'ppreciate the insightful perspective

12. I will pray for you dude.

13. Van prays and Ill cross my fingers, just so other fronts are covered. you got this!

14. [quote name='"KentuckyKush"']

Did you only see one or multiple instances of it? It'd be dope if I had your specific strain of pineapple express :smoke: because as far as I know this is just some bag seed. I have no idea where it came from.[/quote]

I only ever saw one. I was a bit worried until she started shooting pistols all over. I am actually extremely impressed with this pineapple express phenotype that I am growing. It's an extremely fast budding plant.

15. Hows "she" lookin tuckey K? ANY changes?

16. When can you first tell whether a plant is male or female?

17. Day 3 of flowering, and no definitive changes yet.

I did notice some frosty almost thc like crystals on some of the newer leaves. I don't know if this is normal for males because I've never had the bad luck of growing males. My last two grows were females and they exhibited this trait so that gives me hope. Correct me if I'm wrong though, I'd rather know the truth.

Also I noticed there was a pear shape looking growth in between stem and branch. Could just be more leaf growth or a baby stipule though. Like I said, nothing definitive.

It has to be female. It's teasing, deceiving, and soon to be pleasing.

You know what, I'll go gay for this little thing. If its a male Ima turn that ass into hash.

/endhighrambling

and with that I'm going to leave you with a picture of what I'm currently smoking on. A nug of purp cracked open like a geode. Smells like fruity pebbles.

[​IMG]

18. [quote name='"KentuckyKush"']

Day 3 of flowering, and no definitive changes yet.

I did notice some frosty almost thc like crystals on some of the newer leaves. I don't know if this is normal for males because I've never had the bad luck of growing males. My last two grows were females and they exhibited this trait so that gives me hope. Correct me if I'm wrong though, I'd rather know the truth.

Also I noticed there was a pear shape looking growth in between stem and branch. Could just be more leaf growth or a baby stipule though. Like I said, nothing definitive.

It has to be female. It's teasing, deceiving, and soon to be pleasing.

You know what, I'll go gay for this little thing. If its a male Ima turn that ass into hash.

/endhighrambling

and with that I'm going to leave you with a picture of what I'm currently smoking on. A nug of purp cracked open like a geode. Smells like fruity pebbles.

[/quote]

If your only day 3 of flowering I wouldnt worry yet it takes a little while to show sex

19. [quote name='"Prettylights10"']When can you first tell whether a plant is male or female?[/quote]

A few weeks into flowering

20. Day 5 into flowering. I've found what looks to be a female calyx and pistil! What do you all think?

[​IMG]

Here are just some random pics of my babys progress. Not the prettiest but hey idgaf so long as she has proper nutrition and everything she needs.

[​IMG]

Under the canopy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really hope this is a female because I'm done doing buisness with shady dealers. Lookin to be self sufficient again.