Is this a hermaphrodite??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sk8bakerz, Feb 3, 2014.

1. So I have a plant that is 3 weeks into flowering. I keep it under 12/12 lighting with 2 CFLs.
    Just today I noticed that on only one branch intersection there are two very odd balls growing. They look like seed sacs but this is the first sign I've ever had and I'm already pretty far into flowering.

Kinda freaking me out so any help would be awesome!
    If you need any more pictures to help me out just let me know.

Attached Files:

2. Does look like you've got a hermie there. Strange for it to come up so late. Any other plants nearby? And how long have you got till harvest? I think it takes about 4 weeks for a seed to completey develop or you can just carefully chop it off. I've used nail clippers in the past.

3. Im not quite sure ... I have had growth like that with pistils. And from my understanding, hermaphrodite traits appear late in flower. So 3 sweeks into flower seems on the early side for a hermieSent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. yeah bro that doesn't look good... certainly a nanner there!

and they can show hermi in veg/flower..

. it's just more common to see them do it late in flower as that is a natural trait of the plant, to try to reproduce by any means necessary late into flower

u can pop that nanner off and any others and hope she stops but that isn't lilkey this early on!

sorry & good luck

5. Hermie in veg huh? Seriously?Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I've never heard of hermie in veg but i've only ever had them in early flower, usually just at one node up the plant. Just remove the pods and had no problem from there.

7. "So I have a plant that is 3 weeks into flowering"

He's not in veg he's 3 weeks into flower.

This is an odd one. Hermaphrodite "nanners" are usually yellow in color and grow directly out of the female flowers, too, where this one clearly shows separate sex organs in different locations on the plant. Nice pictures. I like the advice to just pop the male parts off and keep an eye on it.

I'd like to see more pictures in several weeks if you could?

J