Is this a good workout

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by chronicluv4peac, Aug 11, 2011.

1. ok so should i switch everyday between cardio and lifting or do 3strait days of lifting then 3days of cardio? the only midsection workout i can do is situps crunches or leglifts that i know of sence the gym doesnt have any ab exercise machines.

2. everyone's body is different, what works for some might not work for you. I like to lift a day then rest a day with a 5 minute jog to warm up. When I lift I tend to do super sets with small breaks/ crossfit style work outs. I like to run twice a week.

Dont work out too much with not enough rest.

If you have access to a pull up bar KNEE'S to ELBOWS is a great ab work out.[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqOgtFcqWbE]CrossFit Knees to Elbows Instructional - YouTube[/ame]

Welcome to CrossFit: Forging Elite Fitness

3. There's a difference between jail and prison. I've been to jail, all shapes and sizes walk in and out of there. But I have friends, coworkers, and past trainers that have been to prison; the real jungle. Where else would I get my information?

You are exactly what I'm talking about; taking something simple and making it complicated. There's no "levels". We are animals and we grow dependent on our genetics, diet, and muscle memory (exercise/loads place on our muscles). You think warriors before gunpowder performed specific workouts with sets and reps? The first athletes in Greece? No, they trained their ass off because hard work in = gains. And why would someone that wants to get healthy follow the same strict program as a bodybuilder if that's not his goal?

If you're only going to lift three days out of the week, take a day break between lifting weights. But like I said, listen to your body. If it's sore, don't work it out. You can do cardio whenever you want, even on the same day as your weight lifting.

Do not perform situps and leg raises. Each situp produces low back compression levels close to the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health action limit; so if you keep repeating this action, it will increase the risk of lower back disorders. Crunches are a good exercise for your abs though. And heavy cardio will strengthen your core because your obliques help assist in heavy breathing.

4. I like to perform my workouts in the nude. It's fun for me and fun for the ladies. Meee-yowww.

5. This. I know for a FACT russia knows his shit

6. OK, fair enough. It's not that there is something inherently wrong with not having a set routine, but why not record what one does? You can lift heavy ass weight, and then write it down. OP is not in prison by the way.

7. #27 chronicluv4peac, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
    thanks for the info im gonna try a little bit of everything 1 more question though. should i be sore the next day after lifting and if i am i should rest that muscle group that is sore that day right? I think i may need to increase my reps because im not feeling very sore the next day or maybe i should increase weight or both? the thing is i dont know how much im actually lifting

the machine i use has plates but they arent labeled with how much each plate weighs and i usually set it on the 5th plate and do that 55x for bench peckdeck and shoulders then i curl 25lbs 55x and i think i actually tore a muscle i literaly couldnt bend my arms the next day.Im dedfinetly gonna start working the legs to and i have something like what u posted in the video so ill try those