Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this a good way to store weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by vap3dg00ds, May 5, 2013.

1. So basically I have about 1.4 grams of dank bud left that I bought about a month ago. This Tuesday will be my 2nd week of being on a T-break and I don't plan on vaping(I only vape) for another 2-3 weeks or more.

Storage: I put the bud inside small clear plastic weed baggies. I then wrapped those baggies in aluminum foil and placed them in a mason jar, in a dark corner in my closet where no light can get to it. The room temp is around 73-77 Fahrenheit. I'm mostly concerned about the bud getting moldy. Is this a good way to store bud?

Btw that 1.4 gram of bud will last me about 3-4 weeks if I vape every night.

These are the types of baggies I put them in:
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1bxe4vSt11qkes9oo1_500.png

2. Don't use all the bags and tinfoil. Just put it in the jar and throw it in a shoe box or throw a Tshirt over it to block light.
    With out the weed right in front of me I would suggest cracking the jar open once a week to let out moisture out.

3. Plastic actually degrades THC. In the mason jar, cool and dark place is all ya' need! :smoking:

4. I'm not sure if that's true. I tried googling it and came up empty.

I reluctantly use plastic bottles because I can't quite find a jar that is small enough for my needs while my current plastic bottle is perfecto.

I think the problem with plastic is not that it degrades THC but that any THC(kief) that falls off the buds is basically gone forever because if you do an ISO wash there will be plastic in the iso and if you scrape it there will be plastic in the kief.

5. A friend told me to put it in a jar and then inside a box in the fridge. Not sure if this has any preservative properties or what.