Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lalamann, Aug 11, 2015.

1. #1 lalamann, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2015
    Wasnt sure where to post this

the picture speaks for itself. Just noticed this big guy in my box when lights came on this morning, no clue how he got in there, second pic as well, the tree frog has been in there thriving for about a week now and has caused no problems, dont know how these things are getting in but they are predators so i would think it would be fine to let them go about their business, i dont mind a little bug shit and the frog just hangs out on the light to get moths and june bugs it attracts out here in the sticks

Also the biggest mantis ive ever seen around here, and its fatness and the proto wings makes me think its a pregnant female, bunches of baby mantises just feels way better to me than lady bugs

Attached Files:

2. I'd say good but I could very well be wrong. Good if you have a lot of pests, I've never grown weed but I do have experience growing vegatables

3. #3 lalamann, Aug 11, 2015
    just a lot of little black gnats, seen a couple thrips. And being out in the backwoods bugs are a constant problem, so i even put a dozen or so house spider egg sacks from the garage into the closet and now i got about 50 spiders with webs in the top of the closet. Im just using the predators as gnat control and bug prevention basically.

That mantis is probably big enough to take out a small mouse or a shrew lol

4. I'm not sure spiders are your best bet, but I really don't know much. I'd use ladybugs, maybe only because ladybugs and bees are the only bugs that I really like. Spiders freak me out lol

5. #5 WubbaLubbaDubDub, Aug 11, 2015
    Don't spiders cause spider mites in buds? I could be wrong, that was just my assumption. I know nothing of growing weed though Nvm edit guess they are 2 seperate things

6. they havnt come down from the top of the closet and spiders dont bother me one bit

7. the mantis isn't a pregnant female. It's not even an adult yet. It looks like a Chinese mantis and is one of the most commonly kept species in the pet trade. It's a sub adult and will be an adult on its next moult. I doubt if there is any food for it in your grow room.

I don't know anything about the frog. What country do you live in? You have some confident wildlife lol

8. I've found tree frogs hanging out on my own plants as well - pretty cool!

The mantis is fine too. Neither frogs or mantis will bother your plants and will only eat other bugs anyhow so you're good to go.

J

9. #9 lalamann, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2015
    well the mantis ate his fill of moths and gnats and i took him back outside, already knew the treefrog species, is a grey tree frog, and in the southeast US. The frog should be fine but i didnt think there were enough gnats to support a mantis that large so he went back outside...set him free in the pumpkin patch lol