Is this. A good setup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Firstimegrow09, Oct 24, 2017.

1. DDBA3978-A98F-49AA-84A5-1A9C4A6F5AAF.jpeg BC5F0C59-9C07-42B9-8B77-39242C3BF8DE.jpeg Is this a ok setup for the veg stage all the lights are 13w and around 900lumens some are 5000k and some are 2700k and I have 1 23w 2700k light on the top

2. You want to veg with only 55k. Flower with 2700 if you plan to keep cfl the entire cycle .

3. Plant looks over watered

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. CFL = not a good setup.

Step into 2017 with about $60. You won't be sorry.

Step 1. order a board in 3 or 4k for $29.
    QB120 Quantum Board

Step 2. order a driver for the board for $19.
    https://www.arrow.com/en/products/mdr-60-24/mean-well-enterprises

Wire the board to the + and - on the output of the driver. 18awg speaker wire is good.

Wire the 120v input on the driver to a cord cut off an old lamp, stereo, or broken drill. Put the L terminal on the smaller prong on the wall plug and the N on the larger. /done.

Now you have a good setup. I'm Tbone otherwise known as the quantum board spammer. This thing will shit all over 200 watts of CFL and it's 60 watts/ $60.
    IMG_0764.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Second point. Perlite.

I don't even see any. Standard soil compacts too much and doesn't allow enough oxygen to the roots for rapid growth, stores water too long water logging the plant. That is why yours looks overwatered.

Make it a rule to put 20% perlite minimum in any grow medium you use for cannabis and you'll thank me later. It will promote great drainage, moisture storage, and aeration levels you can never achieve with soil alone.

Precision perlite course is the king as far as I'm concerned.

6. Tbone I feel like I'm always chiming in right after you. But he's right. I used cfl's and after you get all the bulbs and connectors and what not your probably pushing at least $30-40. Unless you had it all sitting around. The 60 watt quantum board is crazy good for the wattage and the price. I got one and wished I had way sooner. I can't believe it's only 60 watts. It speaks for itself, here's my one plant in my 1.5x2x4 under the 60 watt 4000k board IMG_5526.JPG IMG_5528.JPG IMG_5529.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. The hangers are 9" trout leaders.

Thelukeman's colas speak for him. You can't grow those with CFL's.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Still waiting for my 135w kit to get here. Finally shipped today. So ready to get away from blurple led.

• Like Like x 1
  9. PLUS you save a lot of headspace with that board AND the board runs WAY cooler than cfl's. My cfl rig took away around 8" of vertical space and temps have not been an issue whatsoever with the colas around 3" away. And I love how it's not purple. That just screams "I'm growing weed in here".

Not trying to put down your setup, for cfl's it seems like you've got the right idea. Keep em close. They are actually decent for seedlings and early veg.

10. I can't hate on cfl lights. They're perfect for clone box/seedling starters. I usually use them to veg for a few weeks then switch to led after top/training.

11. so many issues with those plants . suggest turning off the lights right now . i dont think they will make it to harvest . no point in wasting cash on the electric bill . im not being an asshole . there fucked . suggest making a new post . whats wrong with my plant ?

12. Don't take offense at all. If you have the cash jump on the advise and you won't be sorry. If you finish the grow with the cfl's you may be sorry you put all the effort forth for what you get.

If you don't have the cash just roll with it and get a board when you can. I'd rather grow with cfl's then not grow.

Peace brother. =)

13. That plant is absolutely not fucked. I could recover that thing in a few days. The first thing I'd do is transplant it to promix with 20% perlite and feed it about 2ml/gallon of GH flora micro and 4ml/gallon of flora bloom with 6.2ph rainwater.

It would be my bitch within a week.

14. You really did the job I needed to do to back up what I've been saying about these boards. I saw the way my plants responded with just 2 of those qb120's in a whole 4x4 when I was previously growing with $600 of California Lightworks vegmasters. The qb120's completely outperformed them.

I just haven't budded anything with the qb120's but I knew they were capable. My bloom lights are qb260's using qb304 boards. Totally different, way hotter running needing heatsinks. The qb120's are beautifully designed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I found it weird that hlg has a 550 board, but growers lights has a 600 board that pulls 620w for 300$ cheaper... lol oh well. Has anyone done a complete grow with these boards other than getting one in the middle of a grow? By the time my board gets here the royal gorilla will only be a few weeks old.
    This board is gonna make my meizhi look like a toy. Loll

Hahaha "That plant would be my bitch in a week"
    I do not doubt that one bit :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. the plant looks like it has more problems then being over watered . watch in a week or so it will start dyeing if they do not change things up .

17. There's a few people that have done start to finish with the quantums. Bongsauce and I think Realstyles. Both of them have had fixtures since spring or earlier. I didn't get mine until a few weeks after flower but I did most of the bud cycle with a qb260.

My current veg plants will be my first generation with the new lights. One thing I've noticed? They are way easier to keep happy. The lights make the plants happy. They're just praying all the time. I'm not doing anything different but they look happier then previous generations under my CLW lights.

18. Know anyone that runs the 600? The 135 I got is for veg/supplement flower lighting if needed. I was planning on grabbing 2 of the 260s ( we've talked about this ) but I'm kinda interested in the 600 from growers lights with 304 boards. It would probably be easier to get full coverage on 4 plants with 2 of the 260, but the 600 has a 1450ppfd measurement and can flower a 5x5

Happy plants means a happy me. Still waiting on them to ship my light though. It says pre orders are expected to ship today... we shall see
    I don't understand how they're so different. The 550 being more expensive with less watts...

19. EADBF738-1313-4325-83D6-89702FB495EE.jpeg
    I don’t think it’s gonna die the reason it’s drooping is because I accidentally poored to much fertilizer and I was trying to wash most of it through I just won’t water it for a couple days this picture is from like 3 days ago and it’s not drooping so I’m pretty sure it will bounce right back and I’m gonna get some perlite and repot it with a lot of it

20. #20 Tbone Shuffle, Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    The 600 uses the qb288 boards. It's because they use a single driver. You can't run 4 304 boards in series.

2 qb260's XL's with the longer heatsink would IMO be the best option and outperform a 600 because it's 4 304 boards vs 4 288 boards. All the 600 has over it is a little more watt capacity but the 2 qb260's has 64 more diodes and a more efficient 2.6umol/j output.

The only difference between the 600 and the HLG 550 is a larger power supply and a better heatsink so they are able to run them at a higher wattage.

• Like Like x 1