Is This a Good Setup for 2 Plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PeterLouisL, Apr 15, 2012.

1. I was wondering, if this is a good setup for 2 plants. Don't mind the other cups.:D
    i have no intake air, but i open the door a lot, and that should be enough? will it be enough? but i have a outtake hole, not very big, but i have that and a fan blowing right to it, and another fan that will be blowing on the plants.
    Is this good for 2 plants?
    Also how hot do you think it will get in there? Its 160Watts, a one 100Watt bulb and a 60Watt bulb, CFL lighting of course. Should i do 12/12 after 2 weeks or so? because it doesnt feel safe to me to leave it on. but i wouldn't no nothing, this is my first grow.
    Thank You ! :) :hello::smoke::wave:
    Sorry one picture is upside down . lol i don't no what happened there.
    :bongin:

Attached Files:

2. you should be able to grow a couple plants in there, no problem. i'd trade the tin foil for one of those emergency blankets they sell in the camping dept. at wal-mart.

3. I seriously doubt you have 160 watts, almost certainly you have a bulb that is marketed as "equivalent" or "replacement" watts for a 100w incandescent, which means that it is only about 25 watts actual, and another marketed as "replacement" watts for a 60w incandescent, which means that it is only about 15 watts actual. For growing purposes you have about 40 watts, not even enough for one plant.

Get rid of the foil. Flat bright white paint will reflect more light.

Mount a fan so that it is blowing through the exhaust, not "at" it.

You need intake or there will be no ventilation. The fan cannot exhaust air out if there is no air available to replace it.

Move your lights a lot closer.

4. #5 will3117, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2012

better yet just paint the walls white, also the fan blowing at the hole isnt going to do shit just drop that fan to circulation and allow the hot air to rise naturally and as it fills the upper part of the room it will naturally flow out the hole sort of like an upside down over flow for water, not the best situation but with the size of the room and only two plants it should work. Speaking of the two plants your best bet is to pick the best of the two keep it in veg for clones and use the other to test how well your flower room is going to work, then if it goes well step up to two cloned plants next time. You might want to throw a carbon filter over the hole for smell, but keep it as porous as possible since you have no way to force air through it...keep an eye on your temps and humidity...if your door has a gap at the bottom of at least a inch or two put one of the fans on the floor facing the plant/s by the bottom of the door to draw air into the room... good luck :smoke:

5. should i just take the aluminum foil out and leave it wood?

6. dam, i threw out the box. How many more lights should i buy? Also should i take the aluminum foil out? and leave the wood? because i can't paint atm.

7. should i get this? 105 Watt Compact Fluorescent Grow Light Bulb

8. Keep in mind that watts measures ENERGY CONSUMPTION not light output. Look at the Lumens, which measures light output. That's more important that how much energy you use. 250watts of cfl is equivalent to running 1200watts. People are feeding you info that they've heard before, but never tested usually.

I'm on my 3rd grow and you can get by just fine with 1 CFL at 100w equivalent per plant. If you want bigger plants use 2 100w equivalent per planet. They'll grow fast and big. During my 2nd grow I used 4 300w equivalents to grow 7 plants... 3 of which I tossed... 2 became male during flowering and I ended up with 2 females.

The more light the better, but again, 1 100w CFL per plant will do the trick in Veg. You'll need a couple more before flowering though.

9. Thank you so much man! So i should be good with these 2 lights for a plant? and maybe 2, but i should just do 1 because i don't want the other plant to be stressed.

10. its 41 watts. one light is equivalent to 100 watts, another one is 15 watts equilvent to 60.

11. [quote name='"PeterLouisL"']I was wondering, if this is a good setup for 2 plants. Don't mind the other cups.:D
    i have no intake air, but i open the door a lot, and that should be enough? will it be enough? but i have a outtake hole, not very big, but i have that and a fan blowing right to it, and another fan that will be blowing on the plants.
    Is this good for 2 plants?
    Also how hot do you think it will get in there? Its 160Watts, a one 100Watt bulb and a 60Watt bulb, CFL lighting of course. Should i do 12/12 after 2 weeks or so? because it doesnt feel safe to me to leave it on. but i wouldn't no nothing, this is my first grow.
    Thank You ! :) :hello::smoke::wave:
    Sorry one picture is upside down . lol i don't no what happened there.
    :bongin:[/quote]

The light at the top of my picture is a 125 actual watt light. I think your "100w" light is actually around a 42 watt. (the lower light in my picture.) I that is the case, you will need more light if you want nice tight nodes. I would say 100 actual watts for one plant at least and 50 watts each additional. A 42 watt and 20 something watt will give you a leggy sad plant.

Attached Files:

12. thanks, so ill probably get 2 more lights, of the same. :) Nice plant also! looks like its growing good. what strain/

13. no don't leave raw wood it absorbs light like crazy and then you will have serious lighting issues, you need reflective or white walls, floors, planters to bounce the light back at the plant/s, reuse as much light as possible to compensate for a weak lighting system. seriously consider keeping your best plant in veg as a mother for clones and only flowering the weaker one to work your system bugs out...Good Luck Bro

14. [quote name='"PeterLouisL"']

thanks, so ill probably get 2 more lights, of the same. :) Nice plant also! looks like its growing good. what strain/[/quote]

Thanks, they are coming along. That one is pineapple kush.

15. you dont really want to use alumium at all...it creates hot spots all over the place and you don't really want that..

you want to use this stuff called mylar...or fylon whatever one you want to spend money on

as for the fan you want to keep it a little bit further back from the stem thats what makes it huge when you have a baby plant and you just have the fan on it it grows up getting big cause of that wind...its like a tree out side...that trunk is huge as fuck cause of the wind blowing on it same goes for weed it grows fast and with the wind on it it will grow strong...

16. Definitely agreed!

Definitely disagreed!

I have a 250w actual wattage CFL sitting in a tote out in the storage shed somewhere.

It's a paper weight compared to even my 400w HPS.

Let alone two 600's.

Gotta lol again at even possibly considering a 250w cfl being equal to two 600w hps'.

LOL