Is this a good investment?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Taylored, Jul 16, 2012.

1. If it was me, I would just buy the individual components rather than an all in one kit like that. I am not sure about the nutes that come with that since I use fox farm. You can also buy smart pots from htg and they are cheap when guying 10 packs of the 3 gallon ones. I also advise to make sure that your light is air cooled and that you get the newer digital style ballast rather than the magnetic type which they had pictured.

This guy here sells an air cooled XL wing light for $280. He also gives digital ballasts with his setups so they seem to be a good deal. I might eventually buy a couple 600s from this guy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1000w-1000-...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item6b1bd22f72

2. After "customizing" it just enough to fit my goals, it was $780 and you'll probably need to get hanging hardware locally even if it comes with some. The hardware that came with my lights would have been laughable if not for the fact that they really thought people should use it.

I'm sure they'll be pages of "you can do it for 1/10th of that" posts but nothing is wrong with simplicity if you can afford it and would rather not build something or piece a ton of little things together. I'd probably consider upgrading the bulb which would push me over 780 but even then, fuck it.

6" cool tube and then 6" fan + filter would be my "must have" upgrades probably. Timer and shit you can find local easy enough if you decide the one it comes with isn't stout enough and if so just use it for the cooltube fan or side lighting.

3. you can do it for 1/10th of that cost and produce better buds if you figure out the 'setup' for your self.

4. #5 Jmosley, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2012
    I found a 4x8' ready to grow tent basically exactly like your link, maybe it was even there I forget and yeah I saved a couple hundred by pieces it together like I did instead of the full kit but when all was said and done I wish I would have just ordered the kit. Multiple packages coming from multiple places via multiple carriers and online price hunting isn't really a trait of mine.

The money wasn't worth the headache for me, that's what it'll boil down to usually.

Hrmm thanks for sharing that link rizz, may have to try it out