Is This A Good Idea?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SMOKE O'PLENTY, Feb 1, 2009.

1. I bought a 22 pack of Jiffy-Pots at Walmart for $2. They are 3" and are made of peat. I plan on growing several autoflower dwarfs this outdoor season and my idea is to start them on these little pots and after about 3 weeks when they show their sex, transplant the females to larger plastic pots for the remainder of their grow. It says on the instructions to transplant them pot and all making sure the peat pot is completely covered in soil. Has anyone ever used these? They sound like a good idea.

2. well it is winter here in canada and i grow in the attic. but in the summer i grow outside and it sounds like i good ideal as long as it gives the plant's roots room to grow.

3. Yeah don't lett them get too big in there.

4. According to the picture on the package the roots grow through the peat and into the soil. I wonder though if anyone has used these little pots for starting their seeds.

5. I've used them before and they work fine. If you look at most bags of soil, one of the components in the soil is peat. Since the peat pot is also your rooting medium, you just transfer right into whatever container you're going to use to finish the grow.
    Be sure not to let them stay to wet. You want them slightly damp. If they stay saturated your roots won't get the proper aeration, which can cause problems.
    good luck.....