Is this a good grinder?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Sw33tdwill, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Yeah I can def buy a new one how much is a sharpstone?

2. #22 wawa789, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    You can buy the basic 4 piece for 30 direct from sharpstone in a lot of different colors.

3. way to contradict yourself

4. it's a standard grinder. nothing special, but it'll do the job.

5. I didn't contradict my self he accualty explained that my grinder was ok but a sharpstone would be better he didn't just come and post " sharpstone" or something immature

6. So how much budget is needed for a decent grinder? Was thinking about etting an acryl one with pretty good reviews, a 5-piece for like 12 euros (15 bucks more or less)

7. JFW - good preference, I like those wooden grinders, Ed's TNT has good ones for $8-11. He should start making kief boxes.
    Is this possible?
    How would the kief get out from inside the screen?

I practically did the same thing, I said it's okay for $8 and shared my experience with one. What I didn't tell you is that I still have that grinder and it doesn't get used now that I have a Space Case.

Sharp Stone is high end too but they're known to leave metal shavings in your weed.

The best bet to go is a Space Case 2 piece because
    a) option to keep trichomes on weed, or kief box them off (box is more effective than kief chamber)
    b) more control over grind with 2 piece, no holes for it to fall through
    c) it's Space Case

You can get a small 2 piece (all you should need, the medium is good too, IMO the large is too big) for $24 (discount may apply). Not bad considering SC can run you over $100.

8. This seems like a decent grinder, if you didn't spend too much money on it. it should do the job ok, but when looking for a grinder, look for one that doesn't just have spikes. It should be more like blades on each side. I think everyone is recommending the "Space Case" grinder, because they are really the best. I have 3 of them, and they all work awesome. The one you show will definitely work, but you'll probably find it gets hard to grind if you put thick, dense herbs in it.

9. No, it is not a good grinder...but for $8 it will prob get the job done. If you want your nugz ground nice and fine I would get a better grinder, especially if you use it a lot. You could scoop up a "Chromium Crusher" for prob $40. So much more effective then the cheap gas station grinders.