Is this a good first time - 1 plant growing setup

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by KarmaPuis, May 7, 2017.

1. So i have been thinking about growing for a year now, not trying to rush at any way.
    So i was scrollin through some adversiments and saw this - This guy offers me his setup and saying that it is relatively cheap.
    He offers:
    50W LED UFO
    4x50w COB led (100w chips)
    2x23w cfl
    2x E27 Y type seperators
    5in1 E27 type seperator

77cm high / 40 cm wide / 50cm lenght ( i am about to have only 1 plant )
    All wires includes, timer, termometer, water sprayer.
    every led chip is having its own cooler that works as well as in-take fan
    And he will give some seeds as well
    1x Special kush fem RQS, 1x Original sensible cheese fem, 1x Buddha seeds

The price is 60EURO
    What do u guys think? I know the basics about setup, so i can classificate myself as a beginner.
    Waiting for your opinion.

2. Would you get your own extraction fan and filter?

3. No, smell is not a problem in the place i am planning to grow.
    And fan is not that expensive, right?

4. Doesn't have to be. Just needs to be good enough to keep temps and humidity down. It'll run more efficient without a filter too

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

5. But how do you think, is the setup worth the cost? I just wanna make sure before buying.

6. Well what kind of space are you working with? Size wise

7. i already mentioned on post - 77cm high / 40 cm wide / 50cm lenght ( i am about to have only 1 plant )
    maybe i did not understand question correctly

8. No no it's my mistake for not reading back. The lights are a bit of a mix, do you have in mind where you'd set everything up and how the lights would be mounted? Do you know how far away to keep the LED?

9. He got the box already. -

10. Oh no, bro that looks pretty sick. I have no idea what kind of yield you'd get off of it but I don't know what you're aiming for. As long as you've done some research and have some idea of what you're doing, I don't think you can really go wrong for 60 euro

11. Yea man, thats what i am askin for, of course that is not the best setup ;d, COB leds are propably some 5-6 usd worth each.
    This is gonna be my first grow, so i am not intrested on how GOOD it is, but more or less - how good it is for the price the guy is offering.

12. Lmao, sorry I must've been higher than I thought. Yeah it sounds like there's enough wattage there to flower with and everything like that so you're good on that front. You thinking of putting a journal up here at all?

• Like Like x 1
  13. I live in east europe, and if you have up to 1 g in your pocket, you go to jail for 5+ years ;d.Funny, isnt it.
    I will, propably, but i have to do a big research on estabilishing a good security, propably gonna buy vpn, use tor, i do not know much about these things.
    Only positive thing that i can say about this that police and people in my country are retards, police dont have any budget or resources to find me, like, if somebody say you smoke weed - bye, but if everything is silient and they are not on my tail, nothing is gonna happen, at least i hope so.

14. Welcome to the growing lifestyle, at least it gets better from here ;). You shouldn't do a journal if it makes you feel that uncomfortable, just can be useful for first time growers running into problems. That being said there's always someone here willing to help. Are you sure you can get away with not using a filter? They do smell quite a bit

15. Ty for advices.
    I have a plenty of time to think about that, since vegetative stage should not interupt me with smell problems.
    Since im worrying about myself, do you mind if i would pm you sometimes about my problems, finding advice?

16. I'm new to growing aswell my dude but I'll help if I can. Worth knowing that your plant'll still smell a little during veg because that took me by surprise too. Do you know anything about plant training techniques because it'd definitely be most efficient creating a canopy of leaves and budsites in that setup. Unless you'd rather keep things simple for a first grow?

17. I know the basics and goiung to look much deeper, this box looks really good for SCROG method, but i may use just lst+topping

18. You could easily fill out the area using one plant, itd just take longer vegging than doing a bunch of plants. Same theory though

19. If security is such an issue for you and you fear for police, neighbours etc you must get a carbon filter. It is worth the peace of mind trust me. I had a friend come to my place to fix my front door before and he could smell my ladys the minute the front door opened. It could of been worse if I didn't know him. Ever since then I've never grown without a filter and you cant smell anything outside my grow tent.

I also highly recommend getting an extractor fan of some sort. Your plants need to breath, they need constant fresh air and more importantly the co2 that comes with this fresh air. Without adequate co2 photosynthesis will stop and your plants won't grow. You are also going to flirt with many problems associated with high humidity, including botrytis (grey mold) being one of the worse issues, and rising temps could also be a problem.

20. Many people complaining about filters not working.
    Also every filter i search for is huge, since my box is 70x40x50cm i cant really use most of the space for filter
    Am i still gonna contact with heat problems even if i use led lamps?
    This is my first grow and im not planning on putting too much on it.
    Maybe i should plant 2 plants in case something happens to one? Or is it gonna instantly affect both